Wall-Mart and Other Facts!

Old 02-06-2012, 05:30 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
Originally Posted by ghustler
I don't know where your at but Walmart closed down every mom and pop store in the area and thats a fact.
Walmart is a monopoly bully.
very true with all 10 in my area!!!!
PLUS--THEY GET COMPLETE TAX BREAKS AND SUBSIDIES THE LOCAL BUSINESS ARE NOT ALLOWED :shock: :shock:
Obviously you don't understand what a "Monoply" is . .

If the "Mom and Pop's" were competive price wise, they wouldn't have gone out of business. And it was Mom and Pop's friends who put them out of business, because the friends chose to trade at Wal Mart instead of Mom n' Pop . . and if the Mom n' Pop carry niche items, they'll do better business with a Wal Mart in the area . . seen that happen locally . .

The tax breaks are there for anyone who qualifies to use them.

Subsidies? Don't think so . . you'll have to tell me what subsidies Wal Mart receives from either local, state or federal government . .

This is all part of a myth that constantly circulates about any business that does better than the next . . especially if the other one is a corporation . . it's part of Obama's class war . .
Old 02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

walmart gets no taxes for 9 years from my city---no cost on any entrance road and no cost on any utilities running to their building

just so you know i have builders that work for me that also did their work
also my fellow speedshop owner is on this city board and that was the agreement given them--IT IS NOT APPROVED FOR ANY EXISTING -MOM AN POP STORE
MY MOTHERS BUSINESS[FABRIC STORE WAS COMPETING AGAINST THESE FOOLS AND THEY KEPT CUTTING PRICES AGAINST ALL THE SMALL BUSINESSES TILL THE MOM AN POPS WENT UNDER---THEN YOUR FRIENDLY WALMART QUIT HANDLING FABRICS AND THE TYPE OF SPORTING GOODS THEY BROKE UP---DO NOT PATRONISE ME LIKE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEIR CROOKED DEALINGS

I HAVE BEEN PUTTING UP

BUILDINGS FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND DO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN MY AREA :?

WALMART IS CROOKED DOWN TO THE CORE -PERIOD 8)
Old 02-07-2012, 06:57 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

roadkill youm almost got it on ma bell but not all of it.its a really long story so when i have time i will send it to you. anyway just for shits and giggles i still think they should have been allowed to do what ever the hell they want,they were the smart ones.i do have one question . why should a telephone company be made to allow other companies to use their lines. ma bell strung the hard lines and then everyother company could in the long run use ma bells lines.but i do agree with you on the walmart thing.even thou i do miss the mom and pop stores and even REAL parts stores. it who has the most that wins.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:16 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

walmart gets no taxes for 9 years from my city---no cost on any entrance road and no cost on any utilities running to their building

just so you know i have builders that work for me that also did their work
also my fellow speedshop owner is on this city board and that was the agreement given them--IT IS NOT APPROVED FOR ANY EXISTING -MOM AN POP STORE
MY MOTHERS BUSINESS[FABRIC STORE WAS COMPETING AGAINST THESE FOOLS AND THEY KEPT CUTTING PRICES AGAINST ALL THE SMALL BUSINESSES TILL THE MOM AN POPS WENT UNDER---THEN YOUR FRIENDLY WALMART QUIT HANDLING FABRICS AND THE TYPE OF SPORTING GOODS THEY BROKE UP---DO NOT PATRONISE ME LIKE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEIR CROOKED DEALINGS

I HAVE BEEN PUTTING UP

BUILDINGS FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND DO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN MY AREA :?

WALMART IS CROOKED DOWN TO THE CORE -PERIOD 8)
Lessee, I've worked as a City planner and Grant writer . . I've also held a "B" Contractor's License in 5 cities in Colorado, Salt lake City, Utah and Clark County, NV, been a Project manager, Contract Administrator and VP of a Construction company until retirement. (My Qualification for opinion)

Any Corporation will come into a community asking for tax deferments, deferment from tap fees, etc . . That's one of the bigger reasons that they locate there, you town wants them! Your "opinion" would make Lockheed/Martin/Northrup or Honeywell just as "crooked as Wal Mart, I guess . . Of course your community would welcome a Wal Mart Warehouse or Sam's Distribution Center, or an Apple Assembly Plant, and they'd ask for the same (or more) deferments . . It's "Competition" for those businesses and if your Town or City Council didn't offer them, the big companies would pass on your town and go someplace else. And then you'd really be pissed . .

It was your buddy on the City Council or zoning board that agreed to give any business coming into your town/city those deferments.

A business is neither crooked or illegal to ask for and receive deferments and tax breaks to bring employment and a "Down the road" revenue source to a city or town . . It's the little guys and small businesses that make up the difference in revenues when the deferments are given. In theory, it's to provide for a gain in employment in a town/city that's suffering from stagnation and low employment figures. Planners estimate that every job gained affects 7 jobs already in the community, to the good. That maight be arguable, but we know that if Joe, currently unemployed, gets a paycheck that's bigger than his current un-employment check that he's getting, more money gets spent in the community . . nothing wrong with that1

Now . . The niche store has to see what a Wal Mart, Costco, K Mart, etc doesn't sell or doesn't sell the quality products buyers want and put that out there . . Three Blocks from the South side Wal Mart where I live is a little "True Value" Hardware Store . . and it thrives, simply because it handles the stuff you can't buy at either Wal Mart or the Lowes a little further up the street . .

Or, another example, Tropical Fish. Where I live, there's two Wal marts, a PetSmart and a Petco. At one time, all of them sold tropical fish and Aquarium supplies. Currently, there's five small businesses that specialize in tropical fish thriving and PetSmart is the only big store that still even tries to compete . . So your theory that these big Box stores put "Mom n' Pops" out of business doesn't hold a lot of water . .

Nobody badmouths Circle Ks or 7/11s . . which actually did more to kill the little neighborhood grocery store, dime store and gas station than Wal Mart or any of the big stores have, and they did it 20 years before Wal Mart built their first store in Arkansas . .

I'd bet you buy from Summit and Jeg's instead of that little place down the street because the big online guys have everything, and it's all cheaper and they can mail it to you quicker than the local speed shop can get it . . If you do, you're part of the problem . .
Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
roadkill youm almost got it on ma bell but not all of it.its a really long story so when i have time i will send it to you. anyway just for shits and giggles i still think they should have been allowed to do what ever the hell they want,they were the smart ones.i do have one question . why should a telephone company be made to allow other companies to use their lines. ma bell strung the hard lines and then everyother company could in the long run use ma bells lines.but i do agree with you on the walmart thing.even thou i do miss the mom and pop stores and even REAL parts stores. it who has the most that wins.
Well, Ma Bell and most of the Power Companies still make out like bandits . . Although the FCC decreed that they had to allow other communications companies use their infrastructure, according to one source who works for Comcast, Comcast, for example, pays $6 a year for each and every pole they hang a cable or box off of, as does anyone else using their poles . . Sooo, they didn't come out too bad . . And, like I said, It wasn't all bad because cell technology would have happened a lot slower . .

The "Mom n' Pop" stores were a thing of the times. Back when I was a kid, lot's of people didn't drive much. A trip "to Town" or "Downtown" wasn't something that we did with the frequency we do now. So the "Neighborhood Stores" were within walking distance, and did much of what the 7/11 does now . . except for the "Charge Account' or the "fresh meat" that the little store "on the corner" had . .

There's things about modern corporate commodity supply that really grinds my grits . . Your (and my) Beef supply, comes from pretty much the same place, no matter where you live. If some dipshit in Kentucky or Texas doesn't clean his machine, everyone in 20 states that ate the hamburger he ground gets sick . . See, it ain't Wal Mart that bothers me as much as it's TYSON and Alliance Beef or Iowa Beef Packers. Great big companies that pack and prepare our wholesale food supply . . things like that . .

Just sayin' . . .
Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I'd bet you buy from Summit and Jeg's instead of that little place down the street because the big online guys have everything, and it's all cheaper and they can mail it to you quicker than the local speed shop can get it . . If you do, you're part of the

NO I DO NOT BUY FROM ELSEWHERE IF MY LOCAL SHOP CAN GET IT--

roadkill--you are talking out of your rear again---welcome to ILLINOIS politics

CORROPTION IS THE NAME OF THE GAME -PERIOD----COME HERE AND TRY TO STAY IN BUSINESS--YOU WILL FAIL MISERABLY---JUST SAYING YOU KNOW ops:
Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

I'd bet you buy from Summit and Jeg's instead of that little place down the street because the big online guys have everything, and it's all cheaper and they can mail it to you quicker than the local speed shop can get it . . If you do, you're part of the

NO I DO NOT BUY FROM ELSEWHERE IF MY LOCAL SHOP CAN GET IT--

roadkill--you are talking out of your rear again---welcome to ILLINOIS politics

CORROPTION IS THE NAME OF THE GAME -PERIOD----COME HERE AND TRY TO STAY IN BUSINESS--YOU WILL FAIL MISERABLY---JUST SAYING YOU KNOW ops:
You're assuming things you really shouldn't . . My kid runs a local speed shop, so he gets a lion's share of our business . . Some stuff he doesn't want to mess with so we get that from, usually, Summit or the manufacturer . . But I seldom buy from O'reilly or any of those chains either . . generally they don't have what I need or want. That being said, if you choose to stay in Illinois, the least you can do is not act like you are . . heh, heh . . all in jest . .

Truthfully, if you live in Illinois, you do have my sympathy. There are few places in the USA that is as corrupt as the City of Chicago, the County of Cook and the State of Illinois, maybe Louisana is a close second . . But you guys have donated more Politicians to the jail house than most other states HAVE politicians . . Y'know, if you didn't elect crooks, you wouldn't have to send them to jail . . !
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

belive me i did not vote for one of our LICENSE PLATE WORKERS--SORRY-GOVERNORS :lol: :lol:
Old 02-07-2012, 02:55 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well roadkill youm can talk a good game but there are so many holes in what you say.but it has been fun.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

WalMart has a scazillion stores world wide and every town they built in has a different and unique story to tell of their WalMart experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -