Anyone been stung like this ?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:25 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Anyone been stung like this ?

I was sent this by a friend;

THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!! It happened at a Wal-Mart Supercenter a month ago. I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it! I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on the cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & rescan everything! The second time I looked at the electronic tab before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it. The total came out right. the cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective. (yeah, right!) Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad wasn't defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed? Just to alert everyone. My coworker went to Milford , DE Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My coworker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK! My coworker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her This is a new scam. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line. Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards! This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents. I am adding to this.... My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying with a credit card. When my husband went to sign the credit card signer, he just happened to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it. We didn't think anything of it until we read this email. I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one???? BEFORE LEAVING THE CASHIER'S STATION!!!!! CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE LEAVING THE STAND. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE DO JUST THAT. NOW I'LL START! PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS, KIDS, LOVED ONES
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default walmart

good old walmart........but who is antone?
Old 10-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I dont think the cashier can overide the pad the customer signs? I know every time I buy something at walmart it always asks me if I want cash back on the screen, so how does a cashier over ride that?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

At my local W'mart they just changed the program on the credit/debit card machine last week.
Now the first screeen that pops up ask if you want cast back (choose yes or no) only then you can punch in your pin # to pay for the groc,etc.

I don't know why they changed it but it makes sense.

Zip.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: walmart

Originally Posted by badfordfreak
good old walmart........but who is antone?
FAT finger typo ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:
Old 10-26-2013, 02:44 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

zipper06, I also noticed that about the cash back screen showing up after you first swipe your card. There must have been something to it and Wal-Mart is taking steps to stop it from happening.