OIL PSI AT END OF 1/4 MILE

Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I run a car quest which is made by WIX but that's just because of what I've read no personal experience. I have an UNCLE that only runs FRAM RACING filters on his stock car. I told him about their bad rep but he refuses to change. Said he has ran them for years.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Have any of you had any first hand experience with a failure due to a fram filter,or are these comments based only on the bad reputation they have?
Yep, bone stock 94 Chevy 350. Filter collasped and that was enough for me.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:34 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default FRAM/.

Have any of you had any first hand experience with a failure due to a fram filter,or are these comments based only on the bad reputation they have?
Tod,
You want some CHEAP INFO?
Go Buy a 3 dollar Fram Filter and Take a Wix Filter.Cut the OPEN and LOOK at the Difference in Workmanship,along with the Componenrts!@\
ANYONE that would Still USE a Fram Filter after seeing what there made of,HAS Lots of EXTRA $$ to SPEND!!!
Take a LOOK................?
Later
G 8)
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: FRAM/.

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Tod,
You want some CHEAP INFO?
Go Buy a 3 dollar Fram Filter and Take a Wix Filter.Cut the OPEN and LOOK at the Difference in Workmanship,along with the Componenrts!@\
ANYONE that would Still USE a Fram Filter after seeing what there made of,HAS Lots of EXTRA $$ to SPEND!!!
Take a LOOK................?
Later
G 8)
I have seen them side by side cut open. A fram racing filter is like $10. Are they just as bad as the cheap ones? I won't use one when I can get a WIX just wondering what the difference is in the cheapo WAL MART FRAM and their RACING filter.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Oil pick up

I had a 1970 chevelle street car back in the 80's and I was driving down sibley blvd and lost oil pressure, It was a motor that had about 200 miles on it.BBC 402 I pulled over and towed the car to my house, checked the oil pressures gauge and lines etc. Drained the pan and stuck a a coat hanger in the pan and banged around hit the oil pick tube. I could feel it and hear it I knew it was off the pump. Any way pulled the motor and replaced and brazed the pick up back in no harm or foul. I was younger and thought it would not be hurt. It was not hurt ,but I was not spnining it hard just street driving
Hope this helps
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

First hand experience. Maybe we have forgotten about this thread?
http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7762
Old 11-27-2010, 01:40 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

FINALLY HAD CHANCE TO CHECK OIL $ FILTER FOUND 2 SMALL NEEDLE BEARINGS IN FILTER.OIL LOOKED GOOD AFTER STRAINING IT.INSERT MAGNET INTO OIL PAN FOUND SOMETHING IN BOTTOM OF PAN,GOING TO PULL MOTOR NEXT WEEK,I WONDER WHAT IT IS.......
P.S.
THE FRAM FILTER WAS COLLAPSED NEVER AGAIN WILL FRAM JUNK GO ON ANY OF MY VEHICLES!! AND YES IT WAS A FRAM RACING FILTER.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:45 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I am still shocked you'd even attempt to run a Fram after the topic on here about fram filters.

Pure One or Car Quest only for me, along with vr1 oil, never a issue.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:50 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
FINALLY HAD CHANCE TO CHECK OIL $ FILTER FOUND 2 SMALL NEEDLE BEARINGS IN FILTER.OIL LOOKED GOOD AFTER STRAINING IT.INSERT MAGNET INTO OIL PAN FOUND SOMETHING IN BOTTOM OF PAN,GOING TO PULL MOTOR NEXT WEEK,I WONDER WHAT IT IS.......
P.S.
THE FRAM FILTER WAS COLLAPSED NEVER AGAIN WILL FRAM JUNK GO ON ANY OF MY VEHICLES!! AND YES IT WAS A FRAM RACING FILTER.
Not trying to beat you up because I do feel bad for you, but no way would I use any fram product knowing that they know they have had a poor filter for over 10 years and still selling it everyday. They would rather spend millions on advertisment and sell a poor product than build a better filter. I would not buy a Fram racing filter if it was proven to be the best filter in the world. I will stick with Wix who has had a good racing filter for years.
BTW it was probably about 1985 or '86 and a guy I knew had a Wix filter come apart on a 302 in a Maverick. I don't know if it was the parts store that sold it ( local store called Mr. Auto Parts now is a Napa) or Wix, but they paid to have his motor rebuilt. I was scared to use a Wix for years, but that is the only time I have ever heard of a Wix going bad and they made it good so that should say something about them.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:15 AM
fueldogs
SHOW GUEST

Ive had Fram filters colapse inside Twice Id pu on a kmart filter before i would use another fram