Has anybody gone to a PINKS all out

Old 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Has anybody gone to a PINKS all out

All out is coming to my home track, Gateway Race Track in June. I just found out that it cost $90.00 to enter and $25.00 for each spectator. Has anyone gone to a PINKS all out? Did they charge you too?
I had no idea it was going to cost that much to enter. Is this fair?

I know it cost to enter a money bracket race but your chances are better to win. Seems like the PINKS all out would be hard to get your money back because you don't know what ET there going to pick. So you might pay $90.00 for nothing but time runs.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

From gatewayraceway.com

The official day of participant registration for PINKS All Out at Gateway will be on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 6:30 PM. Participants will be offered a PINKS All Out Racer Registration Package which will include a racer entry for the event, and two event spectator passes. The cost of the Racer Registration Package will be $ 90. You are advised to use gatewayraceway.com for the quickest registration. You can also call 866-35-SPEED to register. If you would like to purchase a single PINKS All Out Racer Registration without purchasing a full Racer Registration Package, you must call 866-35-SPEED once the sale begins.

February 19 will also mark the kick-off day for spectator tickets sales. Two day passes will be $ 25, Saturday passes will be $ 20, and Friday Passes will be $ 10. Spectators 12 and under will be admitted into the event for FREE.

PINKS All Out Racer Requirements:
• One entry per person
• Participants may only register one car/driver entry
• Participants MUST drive the vehicle that they register
• Door cars only, no dragsters or open bodied cars
• Must run 12.99 or faster
• Car and Driver Must be NHRA legal – check out gatewayraceway.com for NHRA rules or call 618-482-2400 to purchase a NHRA rulebook ($ 10)
• During registration, you will be asked the driver’s name which must be the driver that participates. This rule will be strictly enforced.

Looks like they just saved me $90.

No open bodied cars :?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default pinks

I raced at pinks last year in Bristol Tenn Dragway, it costed $25.00 for saturday and friday was free test and tune.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

I'm signed up for Pinks at Shreveport in March. $40 per car, not counting pit crew or extras. We weren't offered a package as shown above. Don't know about the previous days TNT yet.

-Tanner
Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

The problem here is that all you're paying for is 2 time trials, there's no guarentee that you will race on race day, and there is no refund, if your bracket is not chosen. They are going to pick a certain amount of cars that fall into a certain bracket/arena and if you above or below it, you've paid a high spectator price to watch.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:45 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

I'm more bothered by having to spend your whole day, much less the weekend, there and likely not even be in the show. I'll plunk down my $40 bucks for a shot at 10 G's. I remember you were gearing up to get on board also, before they sold out... If nothing else, I'm looking forward to watching the track crew get a lot of practice on oil absorbtion, and basics of tranny fluid clean up :roll: .

-Tanner
Old 02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by thetanman101
I'm more bothered by having to spend your whole day, much less the weekend, there and likely not even be in the show. I'll plunk down my $40 bucks for a shot at 10 G's. I remember you were gearing up to get on board also, before they sold out... If nothing else, I'm looking forward to watching the track crew get a lot of practice on oil absorbtion, and basics of tranny fluid clean up :roll: .

-Tanner

Yep you are right i was thinking i wanted to go and i would have signed up but missed it, but after looking at pinks allout shows and seeing 500 entries, and them only picking 32 cars, it's almost like having to win the lottery to get in the show. I think at Shreavesport, the bracket will be mid to high 9's because theres lots of cars around here that run in that range. At Twin Cities T&T last sunday the was atleast a doz. cars running around 9.50.

Zip.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:34 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

For ninety dollars I can double enter at my hometown track ( Byhalia) and have room for buy backs have a pretty good chance of winning $800.

Oh, but wait I won't have my car seen on national tv or have a shot at winning that elusive 10G, maybe.

One would assume "they" ( the facility and pinks corp) make plenty enough off the TV ads during the show, the jam packed grandstands full of spectators not to mention concessions, parking, apparell sells etc, etc. I mean cmon if it were not for the racers willing to scrafice their time and racecars there wouldn't even be a pinks.
Just seems like we are getting less for more here.

JMO

Goodluck to all that try out and attend you make the show, literally.
I'll be watching from home for free.

><Charles
Old 02-15-2008, 12:33 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I think the entry fees go to the track, which is why the prices are different...
Old 02-15-2008, 12:44 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Has anybody gone to a PINKS all out

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
All out is coming to my home track, Gateway Race Track in June. I just found out that it cost $90.00 to enter and $25.00 for each spectator. Has anyone gone to a PINKS all out? Did they charge you too?
I had no idea it was going to cost that much to enter. Is this fair?

I know it cost to enter a money bracket race but your chances are better to win. Seems like the PINKS all out would be hard to get your money back because you don't know what ET there going to pick. So you might pay $90.00 for nothing but time runs.

What do you guys think?

YEAH FOR REAL DUDE, i mean its not like they give you a grand after you win the first round......LOL..... $90 DOLLAZ is not bad, YOU COULD GET A GRAND or 2 EVEN IF YOU DONT WIN THE 10 G's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -