PBM cranks and rods

Old 12-20-2008, 06:58 PM
68bbnova
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default PBM cranks and rods

Can anyone tell me more about PBM cranks and rods. I did a internet search, but could not find any good info. I wanted to know due to this add.
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/14067...ort-Block.html

Thanks, Sean
Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default PBM

Here's all I could find:

http://www.pbmperformance.com/store.php?catId=485
Old 12-20-2008, 09:14 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: PBM cranks and rods

Originally Posted by 68bbnova
Can anyone tell me more about PBM cranks and rods. I did a internet search, but could not find any good info. I wanted to know due to this add.
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/14067...ort-Block.html

Thanks, Sean
Just go here www.nyesautomotive.net

He is a huge PBM guy, but uses Eagle instead so there must be a reason. Still uses PBM, lifters,springs and timing chain

Price isnt much different then you were looking at few hundred.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

PBM crank and rods are Scat. I sell that stuff also. They come in a PBM box, but everything is stamped SCAT. Rods and cranks

Frank
Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

What Pwmax said is absolutely true, almost every crankshaft on the market today in Chinese made except for the billit crankshafts, the suppliers just put their name tags on them. O'h for sure some do the machining and the heat treat on them but they are still Chinese forgings, even the callies Compustar. There are very few Cranks made in the USA today, except for the billits.

Zip.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

PBM is a BIG re-boxer. Just about everything they sell, is bought in bulk and re-packaged. PBM Power pistons are Mahle, PBM Power seal rings are Mahle, the roller lifters are all Morrell, the cranks are all Scat, the rods are all Scat, their rockers are Yell-Terra, and on and on. I buy a lot from them, because they do have good prices, and, I know its all name brand stuff. The only thing, is, with the cranks that I have found, is, they don't balance as easy, as a crank that came in a Scat box. I know that sounds weird, but its possible, that they missed the bob weight target somhow, on the PBM boxed cranks, and thats why they are sold cheaper? Not sure. but usualy, they either need a TON of weight taken off, for your normal stuff, like say an SRP piston, and the H-beam rods, or get creative, otherwise you need to add weight, which, say for example, on an Eagle crank, with Eagle H-beams, and the same piston, its usualy a minor amount.

Frank
Old 12-25-2008, 05:53 PM
68bbnova
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Thanks guys, thats what I wanted to know.
Sean
Old 12-25-2008, 09:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 68bbnova
Thanks guys, thats what I wanted to know.
Sean
I have a Scat crank in my 434" motor, with Lanotti promod rods and JE, 13.5 pistons, the crank did require a little heavy metal, but not much. I think they might be the top end of the Chinese cranks, i also have 2 other engines with Eagle cranks, i really don't know the difference because all have worked good for me.

Zip.