OK so here is what I bought...

Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default OK so here is what I bought...

Let the poking and prodding begin!

Never, ever thought I would end up with a car like this but the more I thought about it I figured what the hell!

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 with a 6-speed. Every single option that was available that year is on this car. 1 owner and the MSRP was $32,600.
Now here is the catch, it only has 538 miles on it!
The guy bought it new in 2000 and drove it maybe 100 miles or so that year. Did not renew the plates again till 2010 drove it a few miles that year then parked it. He would start the car, get it up to operating temp and take it around his neighborhood 2-3 times a year. Kept it in a heated and air conditioned garage.
Lots of documentation and the Carfax I ran matched his story as far as the registration goes.
I bought the car for less than half the original price.
I now have what is basically a new 13 year old car, it has not a single dent or scratch anywhere, the interior looks and smells like new.
I drove it 65 miles home and it was competely rattle free and smooth as silk.
Now I like old cars but as I get older smooth factory muscle like this seems more appealing. There are hundreds of bolt on performance parts for the LS1 along with tons of suspension mods you can do.
Now the wife made me promise to keep it at least a year but I might hang onto this one just a little longer.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-11-2013, 01:57 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Nice

Bone
Nice car
Did you do some trading for the camaro, or sell it outright
Jeff
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Nice, you have any performance upgrades in mind yet?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Jeff I sold it outright to a guy in northwest Indiana

Swiley I already ordered the SLP air cleaner box plus the skip shift solenoid over ride. Looking into cat-back exhaust, nothing loud just a little more performance oriented. Once I get that stuff installed there is a local guy who is a great tuner, funny what you can get out of these cars with just a laptop and tuning software!
Not gonna hop it up too much, these cars run pretty strong right out of the box with 0-60 times at 5 seconds flat.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I have heard of major gains with the tune that matches the up grades. Any plains for some dyno time after the upgrades?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Freakin AWESOME Bone. I also bought a salvage 99z LS1 and had a blast with it..tell ya what you can put rear end mount twin turbo ( space saver) on that bad boy replace with some bigger injectors and tune the computer and get over 600 hp to the rear wheels and drive it every day. Now this time of my life that sparks my interest.

BEST LOOKING FRONT END HANDS DOWN !!!!!

Check out my buddys website HAWKS3rdgeneration camaro and Firebird. I am on my cell phone or I would post a link.

Look him up they have put out some serious HP on this LS1 stuff just with minor tunning and stock replacement parts.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

you guys are getting old .now you want muscle cars that don't shake cause the cams too big. don't rattle with every move and don't suck gas and with air on top of all that.lol wait,that sounds pretty good from here...lol.way to go bone.way to new for me but that is one hell of a deal!!!! keep it.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:17 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I've always been attracted to those front ends....cuuuurrrrrrrrvy !
Old 06-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Swiley383
I have heard of major gains with the tune that matches the up grades. Any plains for some dyno time after the upgrades?
Once I get everything done, yes I will have my tuner guy run it on his dyno to see what kind of results we get.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default LS motors do motor

Great lookin' car. rare find with those miles, I run around the NW indiana area and run at morroco, so maybe l'll pull up next to your "old" camaro, ;)
See ya
Jeff M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -