My Nissan Project...

Old 08-27-2016, 09:57 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Default My Nissan Project...

I thought I would (try) to post some of my rides here. Photobucket is being difficult right now...

Anyways, I have a 1989 Nissan D21 Hardbody I inherited from my grand father. The truck has always been a PITA to me, but I will keep it as long as I am around. The truck was a basic truck, only options were AC, power steering and an automatic trans. IT was originally grey with steel wheels. It had no tinted glass, including the strip at the top of the windshield, and the rear view mirror did not have the night view option (it did not have the tilt feature you have by sliding the switch mechanism). A couple of deer over the years and one accident due to the other driver running a red light has made replacing most of the sheet metal necessary, and it has a later model front end on it, and a color change...

Old 08-27-2016, 09:59 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I rebuilt the engine after it gave up one night, and about 800 miles prior to the first oil change, the trans let go. You have to pull the motor to remove the trans, so...

Old 08-27-2016, 09:59 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I installed a 5.7 vortec, with a GMPP swap intake. I installed a tbi system that way (I did not have to swap out the factory fuel pump with the tbi). ANd I used a 700r4 trans, did the wiring harness myself using the donor tbi harness...

Last edited by mytmouz; 08-27-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:04 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I installed the drivetrain using stock GM senders for the computer. I used the stock Nissan senders I adapted to the engine to run the factory gauges. I scored a set of Nissan Pathfinder bucket seats in the correct color and a 2002 Chevy Blazer console for the floor shifting action. Truck looks totally stock inside. (no good pics, I am famous for taking crappy pics)...
Old 08-27-2016, 10:07 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I have also upgraded the rear with a Ford Exploder 8.8 with 31 spline axles, a posi, and 3:73 gears and disc brakes, and the front I machined some Toyota truck rotors so I would have a matching 5 on 4.5 lug pattern. I have a 1983 Ford F150 stepside bed I plan to cut down to fit. So for now it is rolling on some ugly white spokes until I can get the final wheel width...

Old 08-27-2016, 10:08 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I drive it weekly as is. I plan on finishing it someday...
Old 08-28-2016, 04:22 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I bet that thing will haul azz!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-25-2018, 07:00 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

And here is a really crappy pic of the truck now. Since my other 2 mini trucks have big cowl hoods, and are step side trucks, this one had to be as well... I modified a 1983 Ford thoroughbred bed to fit,using the Nissan metal bed floor, and also added the new wheel and tire combo.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

You have been busy