1977 Camaro 49,000 original miles

Old 08-22-2016, 06:45 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Rear floor pans are spotless

Rear seats cleaned up, everything vacuumed out and wiped down before reinstalled

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Rest of car cleaned out and ready for front seat install

Old 08-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

finished up, cracked a beer and relaxed the rest of the night after taking some sunset pictures

Old 08-22-2016, 06:47 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Got up Saturday and installed the new 3 piece front spoiler, too a little working around and a few new holes drilled but it looks good

Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Things were going well until I opened the box that had the used U41 cluster in it to get ready for install, glad I didnt start swapping wires just yet...
Can anybody see what the issue is here?

The cluster that supposedly came out of a 77 is obviously out of a later year since the turn signals are located in the wrong position
So I tore the original cluster out anyways since its just flopping around and needed secured. Good news is the inside of the dash area is really clean

Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The bad news is, whatever kind of repop dash this is has no structural support where the instrument cluster mounts! its literally just loose, sloppy rubber with no reinforcement...WTF?!?!?!?

Whomever had installed the dash pad had just installed to metal brackets to the existing cluster where the tabs were broke off on the top and screwed it into the rubber, well since the bottom had no attachments it just ripped right out!
So I took some spare scrap metal I had laying around, made some lower brackets for the cluster and some reinforcement for the cluster mounting points. I was cussing the whole time but managed to get it firmly reattached or at least as good as it gets for what I was working with

I walked away after that and spent the afternoon playing with the dogs in the yard

One last thing I did play around with is the Ziebart rustproofing thats sprayed all over the engine compartment. I put some paint thinner on a rag and started scrubbing, its going to take some patience and elbow grease but I do believe it will all come off. Here is the spot I did on the passenger fender.

Probably save that project for a rainy day or the dead of winter...

Old 08-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

The seats look good. Nice solid floors are always nice. Are you going to do any motor upgrades?
Old 08-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Swiley I might do headers, intake, carb and cam
Going to tighten up the suspension first, get some tunes in her and save the motor work and engine compartment detail for the winter time

Old 08-22-2016, 10:01 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Nice car...
Old 08-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

finally got her to work so I could align the front end ( was pulling to the right and the steering wheel was off to the left) and get a good look at the underside since my floor jack took a crap on me last weekend.
Front end aligned out OK which was great considering everything looks original. Nothing is super loose and now she goes down the road pretty straight. The front subframe is pretty "lubed up" from all the oil seepage and a decent power steering leak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -