Gotta Love Ebay

Old 08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Gotta Love Ebay

Sorry guys-need to vent. I know this doesnt really belong here but since we were on the topic of Summit and Jegs....

Dont sell many car parts these days but listed some old stuff layin around in the loft. Listed a very nice pair of GM LT1 valve covers for $65.

This clown on Ebay bids $128. So I ship them insured and get an email; today. Clown says they are cracked. I checked them very closely-they were good. He wants $40 refunded so he can pay to weld them, then this keyboard commando threatens to neg me knowing I cant leave anything but positive for him.

So I offer him a FULL refund and to pay half shipping. Whats he do?Immediate Negative.

Now I fully expect this kind of stuff to take root there, and I dont use it much any more but what a darn shame.

Filed a complaint with Ebay but thought I'd share with you guys.

Oh well it could be worse, I could be him.

Later, Scorp
Old 08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I sold a set of ARP SBC head studs in late july. Guy got them said nuts wouldnt even thread on them. I checked before even selling so I knew better. I told him the nuts are all on them in the picture and I have already double checked before selling but I will give you a full refund if he ships them back. I did on August 5th got neg feedback from the jerk and have yet to see the studs. I cant leave him bad feedback either how nice.

I emailed paypal telling them he has yet to send them back 21 days later, but couldnt file a dispute because I refunded the money. Still waiting to hear back from them. What a crock ebay is anymore with some jokers on there its hard to have 100% now.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Try this

David I agree- Ebay is a joke. I am glad most of my extra stuff is gone.

All I could do was leave him a positive, which I did, but the comment was "Unhappy so offered THIS CLOWN a full refund". Of course he replied to the comment denying it even though I had the emails. So I left him another comment for members to contact me through Ebay for the emails and added a smiley face. That seems to have ticked him off.

So I then filed with Ebay under feedback extortion and sent them his emails. Now we know that they wont do anything-know why?

I did some research on the web, and found that they (Ebay) have to represent themselves as an open trading platform in an attempt to eliminate any liability associated with a fraudlent transaction. In other words if you get scammed you could sue and make them a defendant suggesting that their tools helped facillitate the scam. The want to call themselves a "meeting place" for people to exchange goods and services.

So the only time they really ever intercede is if they deem their failure to get involved as culpability the other way.

Obviously they want your fees but dont want any liability.

The best way to sell parts anymore is at a swap meet face to face where you can communicate and look each other in the eye.

Scorp
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Is there someway you can leave a comment for the neg he left you ?

Its crazy how far they have went to protect the buyer and do nothing for the people making them money.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:19 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

I agree I used e-bay a lot , not anymore ,too many stories like this here,dealing with people who threaten ,extort,with bad feedback,over a good item,that I know was tested,or looked over before I sent it,I no longer use e-bay, ,Its too bad that these people can do this,I also have cotacted e-bay before and just plain gave up.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

since when can you not leave neg for a buyer?I've sold on ebay and I didn't know that... What if they do not pay?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:43 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I haven't had any dealings on ebay but my son has. The last item he sold there the winning bidder never made the payment and wouldn't respond to the messages my son sent him. I think he told me it was a fairly new ebay policy that wouldn't let him leave negative feedback on the buyer. Kind of frustrating because the buyer could still leave negative feedback on the seller. I told him it's a bunch of crap and ebay won't address it because they still get thier fee whether the deal is closed or not. They should change the name of the site to e-scam at least you know what you're getting into.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Tod, they changed it. They want the sellers committed to trying to resolve buyer problems, I guess similar to the way a business might. So they feel by not allowing sellers to leave feedback now, the seller will be more accomodating to the buyer.

What they fail to realize in their infinite lack of wisdom, is that most sellers arent a business, and that Ebay provides a convenient public forum for the buyers to voice their issues. Can you imaging if Summitt provided a seller forum on their website for buyers to see with permanent comments? Based on the thread on this site, would there be sales impact? Bet yes.

In my case, the Clown (aplogies to professional clowns everywhere), was trying to strong arm some returned dollars. There was no damage to the valve covers and I knew this-Thats why I offered a full refund.

Where this will get interesting is should Ebay's change lead to more or all buyers being considered businesses, then since Ebay reaches world wide, can sellers now be expost to legal action regularly outside their home state and not have the cases dismissed? State law is pretty insidious-I would think yes.

And if so does that make Ebay culpable and thus potentially another defendant? I hope so it would amuse me to no end to see them subject to repetitive lawsuits.

I think they are on thin ice and the spring thaw is coming.

Scorp
Old 08-27-2008, 12:14 PM
jayss10
CRAFTSMAN

I know how you feel ,my son had a yz 125 motocycle ,he rode at least 5 days a week,we listed it on ebay ,1 st time winner of bid didnt pay i couldnt leave a bad feedback,and was told to work it out with him,so in other works drop my price more to get him to buy it or something ,so i relisted it,it sold again ,but buyer wouldnt follow guide lines i stated about needing a deposit in 24 hrs and full payment in 5 days,i kept on him as ebay instructed ,he said he would come get it in a week if he could find time ,and pay cash then,well 8 days later he did come get it ,but after he had bid on several other bikes and didnt get them,he finally decided to get my bike he had won a bid on,then he called back a day later said bike was junk and wouldnt start ,i said thats funny it started right up when you took a ride on it,he said he was leaving bad feedback if i didnt come get it ,250 miles away and return money ,well i was checking him on bidding found he won a bid that day on a 125 yz motocycle ,i contacted ebay,they said to work it out with the guy,they never helped me any ,i will never sell anything on there again,............im sure there will be tons of responces to this ....JAY
Old 08-27-2008, 04:43 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

GUYS---JUST WAIT TILL OCTOBER!!!!!!!!

THE [ ONLY WAY TO PAY ON EBAY WILL BE PAYPAL/ CREDIT CARD WITH PAYPAL/ OR EBAYS OTHER PERSONAL CREDIT CARD PLAN- PERIOD]

NO MONEY ORDERS/ NO CASHIERS CHECKS/ NO BANK TRANSFERS==JUST THEIR PLANS ONLY!!!!!!!!!
THEY TOLD ME IT WAS TO CUT DOWN ON FRAUD-- IT IS JUST TO PAD THEIR OWN BANK ACCOUNTS MORE :evil: :evil: :evil:

WELCOME TO GREED INC. ops: ops: ops:

LIVELY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -