Powerglide Question

Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

How much did it cost to get the front suspension done? Do you have any pics of the front end of your car?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:06 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Check out these posts for pictures... There are more pics of the car on the classified side of Rj on my racespace.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=6103

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=5860

The Price is very fair, Starting at 1600 i think. Check out www.Diamondracecars.com for more info on it.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:32 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

FWIW, I'm bettin on the straight cut gears, I had a quick change in a car, and the change gears whined, no matter which way the car was going.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:36 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by hammertime
thought I would update ya guys on this

Rearend has been taking out and all new bearings installed and gone through again noise still there this weekend transmission is all gone through so this weekend we will be able to tell if thats it also. So far most seem to think its just noise from the 1.80 straight cuts.
Beautiful car you have. Why are you trying to sell it? Its Very rare to see a car being raced thats as clean as yours. What differences have you noticed with your front suspension? Does the car feel or work different than it did before.
I just sold a my dragster and the new owners were asking me if I new what the whinning sound was when the were backing up after a burnout. I didn't know, but it has a set of BTE straight cut 1.80 plants. May be thats what theyre hearing.
Sorry I havent been paying any attention to this part of the forum.

First off thanks I clean the car weekly at home and usually between rounds. Sometimes it taugh to get it all clean but I dont like it being dirty pride myself on a clean car. I've had several cars from hardtails to 4link/swingarm cars. Over the winter I had planned to swingarm this car being it was a slipjoint car, Dan Davies owner of Diamond talked me right into the front suspension. Here is what he said and why I went with it, take a typical rear suspended car they usually carry the left front tire out of the beam, now this has to affect the reaction time. In theory with the front suspension you keep both tires on the ground when leaving the line, it made a lot of sense to me and sure has worked well so far. I also really enjoy the front on a bumpy track or bumpy pits you really feel nothing so dont feel like you got beat down after a long day of racing. We have emailed a few times about it being for sale, I really am wanting to get back to a door car, for a few reasons less money invested, less crap to have to use like this new -15 layer suit deal another 1k for a suit, also my dad is wanting to get back into racing and has no want to go this fast anymore. I figured I'd help him out as he did for me when I started racing. If you have any questions let me know I'll keep a eye out now lol :lol:
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

FYI, straight cut gears will make noise. That's the reason they don't use'em in production applications. I expect if you called either TCI or BTE they will tell you the same thing.

We went thru gdmii's glide last year and put the straight cuts in his and it made some noise also.

I'm assuming you didn't find anything wrong when you pulled it down.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:41 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ken0069
FYI, straight cut gears will make noise. That's the reason they don't use'em in production applications. I expect if you called either TCI or BTE they will tell you the same thing.

We went thru gdmii's glide last year and put the straight cuts in his and it made some noise also.

I'm assuming you didn't find anything wrong when you pulled it down.
Sorry, back when it was broke a pump was the cause, new pump and fixed the noise issue.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:44 PM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

The glide in my Nova has the same noise in reverse. It goes like a cut cat forwards so I haven't worried about it. I assumed it was the gears too. If you watch the vid from inside my car on my RJ profile, you can hear it.