I NEED A COP FBI SHERRIFF OR PI

Old 06-27-2007, 03:11 PM
EXCURSION
APPRENTICE

no one is yelling at anyone i appriciate any help or suggestions i can get, however everyone is giving me suggestions i have mentioned do not work. i was hoping one of our members was a police office, and would be able to run the vin for me. that is the only way to get an address from a vin.

thanks for all your help
Old 06-27-2007, 03:19 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

If there were a cop on here i dont think it would be right to ask him to run the vin # for you. He doesnt know anything about you plus i think you would be putting his job at risk for doing it!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i am EX LAW- ENFORCEMENT...City Police and S.C. State Trooper..

i have been out of the business since 1995...back then we could run whatever vin,tag#,dl#..etc......whith no questions ask...but now keep in mind this was before all the privacy laws took place..DMV could still give out a registered owners name etc....

i would think you could still have it done..you mentioned a family member was a deputy..i would say there was a way he could run the vin# and get by with it..this is just my opinion.

i tell ya what..i still have a few guys i can speak to. i will see what they have to say about all this ..privacy issue's etc....if they can run it without any problems i will have it done for you....i will have to get with the right one i know real good..

thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian I know your a smart man and I enjoy reading your post and your advice but I am just asking that you be careful when your helping someone you know nothing about and what his true intensions are I am just saying you never know these days who your talking to.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

" WELL SAID WOODSMAN "
Old 06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

LIKE --WHERE IS THIS MAN FROM?WHAT IS HIS NAME?HE COULD RUN AN ADD ON THE CLASSIFIED SITE LOOKING FOR HIS OLD CAR!!--HE COULD RUN AN ADD IN THE BERKLY,IL PAPER OR SOMEWHERE CLOSE!!SOME SEARCHES TAKE TIME[ BJUICE -SOMETHING NEEDS ANSWERED ON THIS BEFORE THAT HELP COMES ALONG/ LIKE ALOT MORE PERSONAL INFO ON THE ONE SEARCHING!?! 8) 8)
Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

LEO can you tell us if this car was registered when you sold it or was it a all out drag car with no title. Because if thats the case the vin will only show the last registered owner.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
EXCURSION
APPRENTICE

the car was registered on the street, under my name, and according to carfax the title was reregistered under the new owner that bought the car in berkley,il. it was a street car that my wife and i showed on the weekends, and ended up short selling it.

thanks
leo
some back ground i live in orland park il. i own a well know business here, and i'm not some crazy person. i'm just trying to buy back a car that never should have been sold.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:30 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Leo hang tight if there ever was a place to get help its here. But like they say Rome was not built in a day. But if you will give Brian the time he can do what he can. And also you can PM Brian your phone # where to get ahold of you so he can cover himself. Just keep the faith and don't play with fire.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

thanks for the feedback guys..i am just gonna run this by one of the guys i know and see what they have to say...after thinking about it ..i understand completely...so Point well taken Guys...

thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -