I got burnt by SS289 MONEYMAKER LLC

Old 12-20-2009, 04:39 PM
thecurti
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Tires

Originally Posted by blownalky3
I am not trying to be difficult here, but a few things stick out to me.

You actually recieved, THEN MOUNTED AND USED the tires. You THEN notice some cracks????? You most certainly should have looked much closer at the tires before you decided to mount and use them. Any one in their right mind would have issues with that scenario.

Scorp was simply asking you to use your previous thread to continue posting with the SAME ISSUE. Nothing wrong there either. He also was simply pointing out that your seller has his profile filled out and has contact info, therefore he seems not to be hiding?? Again, what is wrong with that statement?

If they were mine, even as gullible as I am, if you mounted them and used them, YOU OWN EM!!!!! You should have noticed at unpacking time.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I sure would look close at tires I was going to use to haul some a$$ before I used them
I Agree also. Once you used them you accepted them.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 AM
ozzies302
SHOW GUEST

Default slicks

good bye!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:08 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: I got scammed by SS289 MONEYMAKER LLC

Originally Posted by ozzies302
i bought a pair of used slicks where he described the tires as nice matched set and i asked to send pics. they were blurry so i called him and asked him on condition and said i would be happy with them and said they were 2 yrs old. i got them and they seamed to look ok and went racing i made three 1/8 mile passesand went home and the following week i went to the track and noticed the cracks all over the tires and went home as i thaught they were unsafe. i called him that evening and he got huffy and sent pics to himand said you used them we are done! i try to resolve this but i got nowhere.he has the tires back and now he has my money and my tires and he blocked me from emails and u think a man that has 40yrs. of racing knows better that a pair of slicks don,t dry rot in 2yrs. I even showed other racers that ran goodyears and said they haven't seen goodyear lettering like that in at least 5yrs. what i am mad about that i took his word as a fellow racer. lesson to be learned never buy used slicks!!!! only reason i did for the first time was to try goodyears as i always run new hossiers. if he was reputable he would of refunded my money . why would you ruin your reputation for 175 dollars.
Stamped-

No more edits to your original thread.

Scorp
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: scorpion relax!

Originally Posted by ozzies302
Hey i am not the enemy here ! I see you don't like other peoples opinion.and i think your right your opinion should be humble
You dont want help. You dont want people to ask questions, and when they do you get smart. What you really want is everyone to take your side out of the box.

Guess what? I am not out on a set of tires, nor are the other guys who you have posted for to ask their help.

So I think its pure genius to come in here and start attacking me or any other user who asks a question in an attempt to help you sort this out.

So instead of telling you anything that would even remotely help you, I'll just say Merry Christmas.

Scorp
Old 12-21-2009, 05:26 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

just wondering , did he agree for you to return the tires to him , from your post , I gather he said , we are done , if you returned them without him OKing it then he probally will resell them..I know its a bad deal on your end but racing parts are generaly sold , as is , I'm just glad you didn't tear up your car or get hurt by putting on a set of used tires that you knew nothing about , ,not downing you by any means , but it is probally an expensive lesson,, oh yeah as far as the lettering goes , it depends where the tires were made , goodyear has plants in Brazil and other cheap labor countries that are using their old tooling , so you never know what you will get , so I was told by a goodyear rep...,,MERRY CHRISTMAS ,,,Paul
Old 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ozzie,

I have to agree w/ the others on this one.

Fact: You have already posted about this awhile ago... you made a new thread when it was pretty old.

Fact: You used the tires prior to returning them for inspection.

Fact: You are attacking the folks you did not get a favorable opinion from; then posted negative comments about the very site you are posting/using (as well as editing posts).

If we were a bunch of ignorant mob members, we might join you in your compliant & try to tear down a man's reputation based on a thread that was over a year old, on used tires that you decided to refuse after ripping on them at the track. But we take both parties into account when hearing ONE SIDE of the story. I mean, these are used slicks you bought & used!!! Come on!!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Congratulations

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Ozzie,

I have to agree w/ the others on this one.

Fact: You have already posted about this awhile ago... you made a new thread when it was pretty old.

Fact: You used the tires prior to returning them for inspection.

Fact: You are attacking the folks you did not get a favorable opinion from; then posted negative comments about the very site you are posting/using (as well as editing posts).

If we were a bunch of ignorant mob members, we might join you in your compliant & try to tear down a man's reputation based on a thread that was over a year old, on used tires that you decided to refuse after ripping on them at the track. But we take both parties into account when hearing ONE SIDE of the story. I mean, these are used slicks you bought & used!!! Come on!!

Scoot:

You are correct.

Ozzie, congratulations! This thread might take the award for the stupidest post of the year.

You looked at them- in fact your direct quote is "i got them and they seamed to look ok" So you inspected them and guess what? You didnt see anything wrong just like the seller didnt see anything wrong.

Then you MOUNTED them. Guess what Sport? You mount them you own them. Check with any reputable seller- Summitt, Jegs, Coker. Once they are mounted you own them.

Then you made 3 1/8 mile passes! So you mounted them and used them.

Then you decide that they are damaged.

So you inspect them, you mount them, you run them and then you decide to send them back.

You called him and he said EXACTLY what Summitt or Jegs would have said- you mounted them you own them. (dont believe me? Call and check

So then you simply decide to send them back so you can complain.

So you expect him to give you your money back on a set of tires you inspected, mounted, and ran by your own admission. Then you pull a fast one by sending them back so you can complain about him having your money and your tires.

Well guess what Genius, he isnt paying to ship them back to you especially when he wouldnt accept the return. Thats your christmas present to SS289. Of course if you want them they are probably back by the dumpster awaiting pickup.

Absolutely should be a lifetime warranty on used racing parts that you inspect and use.

Congratulations- your statue is in the mail.

Once again Merry Christmas.

Scorp
Old 12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

does that mean if i buy a used set of heads an they drop a valve the guy i got them from has to replace them? they looked good said they were good. hmmm no my screw up for not checking them and double check every part. its also as is no warranty on used and even if new they are 2yrs old and being a race compound they will dry rot/crack faster then street tire so imo just man up and quit crying you did a shame on me not once but twice no one scammed you
Old 03-21-2010, 03:10 PM
ss289
SHOW GUEST

Default The facts and thank you.

Hello everyone.
First of all I honestly until today did not know that RJ had a forums page.
I only browse to buy and place ads to sell.
Had I known this crap was posted here I ould have responded much sooner.
That said I will only make one post to this thread with the truth and all the facts.

Ozzie is I assume a grown man and should be able to make sound decisions on his own.
We sold him a USED set of slicks for a very good delivered price.
Ozzie was sent several photos of the tires showing all side walls and treads.
He received, looked over, mounted on wheels, installed them on his car and then proceeded to go out and race on them.
If there was anything wrong with the tires this guy would have called me the very second he unpacked them. That is a fact because he wanted more photos and haggled over the $150 price for a week before he finally bought them.
A couple of weeks later he contacts me and wants a full refund.
Says they have a cut in them. Odd, they did not have a cut in them when we shipped them and apparently they were good enough to mount, install and race on.
Regardless, I offered up a partial refund just to be a nice guy and said he could keep the tires anyway.
That was not good enough.
He wanted all of his money back and for me to also eat the return shipping.
When I would not agree to his terms he became abusive and made several threats.
At that point I told him that he had nothing coming and I was done.
One week later Ozzie files a complaint with Pay pal and they deduct the entire amount from our account.
Turns out he actually stopped payment with Capitol One and they dinged Pay pal.
We were given the opportunity to appeal by both Pay pal and Capitol One.
This process takes 90-120 days.
Thinking this was all over since Capitol One had refunded his charge card a couple of weeks later he returned the tires now worn out and chaffed on the side walls where it was apparent they were rubbing on the wheel well or quarter panel.
I told the truth and stated the facts to Pay pal and Capitol One in our appeal letter.
We also included the same photos that were sent to Ozzie as well as photos of the returned tires.
Guess what?
95 days later Pay pal and Capitol One contacted, then paid us back the full amount via Pay pal and charged back Ozzie.
Apparently both Capitol One and Pay pal agreed with our version (the truth) of the story.
We never missrepresented anything to Ozzie or tried to scam anyone nor have we ever done so.

Ozzie tried to pull a fast one and got caught speeding.

Three weeks later after Ozzie apparently got his Capitol One statement and realized that he was charged back he contacted us and wanted the tires back.
By then we had thrown them out.

We have a excellent reputation throughout the high perfromance industry and racing world. Just ask any of our customers or fellow NHRA/IHRA racers.
Our E-bay feedback rating is 100%.
Why would we try to beat a guy out of $150 for a USED pair of slicks?

Sorry for being so long winded but I felt that all the facts needed to come out after reading this thread today.
Thank you
Alex Denysenko
Moneymaker Racing LLC
Old 03-21-2010, 03:40 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Hmmm, the rest of the story. :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -