Posts that should not be in a thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by ss427nova
Wow, I called RPD one day with a dilemma over pin height for a super long rod on a long stroke crank. Jeff not only helped me by calculating the pin height I would need, he was doing on his luch hour and stopped eating long enough to help me out. I would still buy from him. Sorry you had trouble. Thanks to Jeff my 496 is thumping the ground. Now I just need to decide whether or not to junk the Pro Comp heads...... :roll:
junk the heads.I have them on my car and they have caused me nothing but pain and sorrow.I have pulled 3 rocker studs out to date.Im just trying to limp through the season until I can buy some good heads for next year.With these hack jobs you get what you pay for.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Joes69
Wow, I called RPD one day with a dilemma over pin height for a super long rod on a long stroke crank. Jeff not only helped me by calculating the pin height I would need, he was doing on his luch hour and stopped eating long enough to help me out. I would still buy from him. Sorry you had trouble. Thanks to Jeff my 496 is thumping the ground. Now I just need to decide whether or not to junk the Pro Comp heads...... :roll:
junk the heads.I have them on my car and they have caused me nothing but pain and sorrow.I have pulled 3 rocker studs out to date.Im just trying to limp through the season until I can buy some good heads for next year.With these hack jobs you get what you pay for.
Uh OH....that is going to piss "gungho" off.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:51 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Uh OH....that is going to piss "gungho" off.
Is there a way we cna hide some post from people?? :lol: :lol:
Old 08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I put a set of procomps on a sb for a friend who just wanted aluminum heads for a show car. I guess if that is what your looking to do there good for that :?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

((( Uh OH....that is going to piss "gungho" off. ))) OOH CRAP HERE WE GO AGAIN,,,
Old 08-23-2009, 08:21 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I know, kinda like beating on the bees nest. I run dart , put the two next to each other the quality isn't even close. but hey each to there own. jmo
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
ss427nova
CRAFTSMAN

(with my best Kip Dynamite exclamatin), DANG IT!...I'm pretty convinced they are crap now after hearing the horror stories, I just have to convince the partner not to run them. Do you guys have ANY photos of the carnage I can use to help my case? [email protected]
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

I may of been harder than I needed to be on the heads.Basically you get what you pay for.I have pulled 3 rockerstuds out of mine running a cam that is well in spec for the spring set.I couldnt imagine how much trouble you would have with these if you actually ran a roller cam with the roller springs..(Higher spring pressure).It takes some work to get the ports to match any intake and the geometry is not as good as it could be.They are what they are.A cheap knock off.People use them and there are those that have alot of luck with them.This is a perfect example of getting what you pay for.When I put this engine together I saw them and the price was so tempting I went for it.I only wish dart,brodix and afr would be alittle more competetive with their prices.Their quality could eliminate some of the knockoffs, its the price that keeps these things alive.Nobody in their right mind would pick the procomp over the dart if the price was anywhere close..Take care
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

(with my best Kip Dynamite exclamatin), DANG IT!...I'm pretty convinced they are crap now after hearing the horror stories, I just have to convince the partner not to run them. Do you guys have ANY photos of the carnage I can use to help my case? [email protected]
you could run a search on here probably in the classifieds and see where people are selling just one head because they broke the boss out of the other.I have seen them for sale like this on racing junk and other sites.Your going to hear bad things about these from alot of people and 99% have never used them..IM one of the 1% people and if I had it all to do over I would of just saved alittle longer and purchased something of quality.good luck in your build
Old 08-30-2009, 04:15 PM
ss427nova
CRAFTSMAN

We took the car out to the track today to shake it down. All I can say is P-I-G! I am seriously hoping it's not a few pulled studs, but there is a popping noise in the exhaust and it sounds like a flutter coming down the return road. Geez, my 427 would pee all over that 496!