CARB IDLE

Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

NO EGT,THE CARB CAME THAT WAY FROM PRO SYSTEMS AFTER I TOLD THEM MY INGINE SPEC'S AND CAR SETUP.THEY SENT SPARE BLANK BLEEDS.IF I NEED TO DRILL THEM WHAT SIZE SHOULD THEY BE DRILLED OR CAN I BUY BLEEDS LIKE YOU CAN BUY JETS?I ADJUSTED THE FRONT SQUIRTER AS I THOUGHT IT WAS TO LOOSE,I TIGHTEN IT UNTIL I HAD NO OR VERY LITTLE PLAY .
Old 06-04-2009, 05:30 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
NO EGT,THE CARB CAME THAT WAY FROM PRO SYSTEMS AFTER I TOLD THEM MY INGINE SPEC'S AND CAR SETUP.THEY SENT SPARE BLANK BLEEDS.IF I NEED TO DRILL THEM WHAT SIZE SHOULD THEY BE DRILLED OR CAN I BUY BLEEDS LIKE YOU CAN BUY JETS?I ADJUSTED THE FRONT SQUIRTER AS I THOUGHT IT WAS TO LOOSE,I TIGHTEN IT UNTIL I HAD NO OR VERY LITTLE PLAY .
Good, Yes you can buy air bleeds. First I would probably try jetting up a few sizes. Checking your MPH to make sure we don't loose any MPH by jetting up. If we do, we'll have to work on the air bleeds or the amount of fuel coming out of the squiters. And if jetting up fixes your bog and we lose MPH we can always jet up on your high speed to lean the top end down alittle. When you get off check your jets and give me a call. Ill PM you my cell #. I don't think it will be a hard fix.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
oobob
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Have you tried going smaller with the squirter? Now that you have the idle rich enough, you may be putting too much fuel in with the 50cc pump and .040 squirters. JMHO
Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 AM
stealth20
SHOW GUEST

Timing… many idle problems are caused not enough timing (with big cams)