mustang with sbc

Old 11-08-2011, 06:24 AM
rollwithit01
SHOW GUEST

Default mustang with sbc

im putting a sbc 400 into a 74 mustang II anyone have a suggestion on some headers that might work for this , trying to avoid using shorties, thanks for the help
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Unless you have a stockpile to trial fit from, custom built's are gonna be in your future. That is a 'never done' swap.
One way to make things a ton easier is a front motor plate, so you open up a bunch of space on each side of the engine. Maybe also reroute the steering shaft as well with a couple of U-joints.

----
Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I would call lemons headers, hedman headers, some of the older header manufacurers and see if they might have made up a set of swap headers for that set up. I can't imagine you are the first to ever put a sbc in one of those and they might still have the prints/notes to make them.

Curtis
Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

The Mustang II chassis is real similar to the Pinto so you might try headers for a SBC/Pinto swap. I have seen a few of those but never paid attention to what they used for a header. Other than that you will have to go the custom built route. Or better yet put a SBF in it! :lol:
Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

if you replace the front end, with one from jegs you can run there headers also, thats what we did, tooooo easy..
Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

I put a sbc in one for a custmer years ago and had to custom make them. I charge him 1,275.00 mild steal. I bought a weld up kit from Dan at Lemons Headers. The kit comes with u and j bends or you can just buy what you think you might need also.