not happy

Old 06-13-2010, 02:43 PM
twoboyz
SHOW GUEST

Default not happy

Just bought a hobby stock car from this website. The ad said body a little rough well the body was really bad. Was told by seller he would sell us an engine and tranny for an extra 600 which he did but wow what a surprise when we got it. They both have problems. Also was told that he would sell us several other items but then he changed his mind. And he took the shocks off the car and did not tell us he was going to do that and we found out when we got the car. Not happy with this seller. This is the first time we bought anything thru this webiste. Hopefully future sells will be better.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

If you want help, help us...
Sellers ID?

Ad number?

more specific detail, pictures, etc??

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: not happy

Originally Posted by twoboyz
Just bought a hobby stock car from this website. The ad said body a little rough well the body was really bad. Was told by seller he would sell us an engine and tranny for an extra 600 which he did but wow what a surprise when we got it. They both have problems. Also was told that he would sell us several other items but then he changed his mind. And he took the shocks off the car and did not tell us he was going to do that and we found out when we got the car. Not happy with this seller. This is the first time we bought anything thru this webiste. Hopefully future sells will be better.
Hopefully future sells will be better
By they way your post is written sounds like you are blamming RJ for something. RJ only posted the add. Like harbone said, a lot more info needed.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:17 PM
twoboyz
SHOW GUEST

Default not happy

not blaming rj for the condition of the car. blaming the person who sold the car. ad # 1911745. apparently the picture was taken some time ago and he had been racing the car for about four years and that is the body we got was after racing for four years. most of the parts that he put on this car are on wrong and over the phone he said it was race ready and it is far from it.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I'm not saying it's right, but if you have been involved in dirt track stock car racing you already know the body is just barely there anyway....just a skin really,and they never stay straight...usually replace every year or close to it. I have never raced dirt track but my family does,and has, for many years...so I have been around it. The amount of work put into building one of those cars is insane..so if the car is in good shape besides the body you still did ok for 1 grand. And for 600 bucks you can't get much in the way of an engine and trans.

Did you tell the seller you were not happy?
Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: not happy

Originally Posted by twoboyz
not blaming rj for the condition of the car. blaming the person who sold the car. ad # 1911745. apparently the picture was taken some time ago and he had been racing the car for about four years and that is the body we got was after racing for four years. most of the parts that he put on this car are on wrong and over the phone he said it was race ready and it is far from it.
Not trying to beat up on you, just help get to the bottom of this. I've never bought anything that I didn't find something I thought was wrong or not exactly how I would have done it. Did you look at / drive the car before you bought it? Like Todd stated a dirt track car takes abuse to the body panels every race. You take a nice new body on the track and somebody's gonna put some nice new dents in it on the first lap. That's just dirt track racing for you. Can you post some current pics for us?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:33 PM
twoboyz
SHOW GUEST

Default not happy

yea i know all of that but when you are told by the seller that the car is race ready then it should be. i know that buying a used car has problems. but even the shocks and springs were taken off and we were not told about it until the car was on the trailer and the board that he put up there fell out. was told it was a running car and then was told that someone stole the battery and syphened gas out of the car. it was just one thing after another. but this is all i am going to say about it. we have and it will have to put alot more money into it than what we were expecting.