Looking for my first muscle car...

Old 05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
URjellis
APPRENTICE

well i found a driving and pretty good one for 3,500. so if it checks out with my uncle... who knows more about cars, then i will get it this week. i wish i could go even older like 68-72, but they are so expensive.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Patience Grasshopper It,s A good start on A bugit and trades are always possible in time . 8)
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
URjellis
APPRENTICE

knowledge received... thanks!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by fastbowtie
If you are bugit minded Id look at a 78 & up Malibu
They are fairly inexpensive and you can make them haul A$$ pretty reasonably. They look pretty good Too. :wink:
they do look decent.... i feel like y'all are talking bout me!

Old 05-10-2007, 02:14 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Corey
You do have some really nice looking cars man,I seen some of the builds on another site,Great Job man :P

Have you got that other Bu done yet?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

The 3rd gen Camaros are not that bad either. You can find one under 4K that has a 305 in it then swap out later down the road. My first car was a 71 torino 500 I had gotten from my neighbor for $1200. I bought it because it kind-of-looked like a Chevelle. I know that's stretching it a little but, I was 16 at the time. The Torino had a 351Cleveland in it. It ran pretty good too. I have been partial to the Nova's since then. Had 5 of them ranging from 68 to 72. Main thing is to get one that you can depend on and work on a little at a time. Have fun with it and don't get discouraged.

Chris
Old 05-10-2007, 06:05 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Corey
You do have some really nice looking cars man,I seen some of the builds on another site,Great Job man :P

thanks tom, that means a lot to me ops: i've been working on a little bit of everything recently. i got a motor to put together to go in my truck (kinda need that to goto the track), just finished a m21 tonight, will finish a buddies glide tommorrow night, also been working on the red malibu and the nova also... nothing to show for progress, just a little here a little there.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by buffjhsn1
Corey

thanks tom, that means a lot to me ops: i've been working on a little bit of everything recently. i got a motor to put together to go in my truck (kinda need that to goto the track), just finished a m21 tonight, will finish a buddies glide tommorrow night, also been working on the red malibu and the nova also... nothing to show for progress, just a little here a little there.
Well keep up the good work Corey.I still think that Bu is a nice looking car you built,did the tin work get all done?

And that nova has come along ways too since you got it,show the guys a few pics of them rides Corey
Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

Well keep up the good work Corey.I still think that Bu is a nice looking car you built,did the tin work get all done?

And that nova has come along ways too since you got it,show the guys a few pics of them rides Corey
yes, i got the tin done in the red car. it looks pretty good for an old heap built in the back yard. i would post some pics here for ya, but i don't want to hi-jack the thread. maybe some pics in the showoff section are in order???

i assume you saw the ones of the nova on the msv forum? i got some of the tin in the red car there too, if you get impatient :lol: