port or not port heads

Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
APPRENTICE

I had good luck porting some Brodix -2 heads. Went from just over 300cfm to 390cfm. Brett Bowers did the porting in Fort Collins,CO. I know some people have had bad luck with him ripping them off but I had no problems. That was 2 years ago and I think he had some strange things going on with his buisness but don't know all the details. He was great to work with for me though. Anyways. I moved from KS where altitude is 1200 ft. to CO where it is 5800 ft and the car ran the same in CO as it did in KS after porting. My buddies that come up and race in CO see a .6 sec. difference so porting helped considerably. They are the small 305cc intake runner on a 540 with a single 4 barrel. 720 lift roller 15:1 comp. on gas. Small heads for this motor but they work. It ran 8.50's in a 2000lb altered and 8.11 @ 163 with a 150 shot. Never did go back to lower altitude but is should have run a 7.90 on the motor comaring to my buddies cars. No blower though so it's not a good comparison for your setup.