Gasser!!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Gasser!!

I was just thinkin... I wish I hada Gasser. I have been doing the pro-street thing for a long time. But a Gasser.... you know the real nastalgic kind, straight axel, tunnel ram w/ 2/4's, 4speed, "tuck & roll", the little fuel barrel on the grill, pie-crust slicks, fender well headers etc... I would gladly swap any day. I want a obnoxious/loud, bad handling, gear slammin' old school straight-line ride. Maybe with flames... old coupe, 55-57 chev, or whatever... but a real gasser with a serious front rake. Gettin' bored of the 69 Camaro... plus you see them a lot. I am too young to have seen the Gasser generation in my days, but I want one. Anyone out there got one & have some advice about them?? I'm thinkin' its time for a new ride... something like a 60's Gasser. There just aren'y any here where I live...
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Check out this thread.

Zip.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...t=6710&start=0
Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

good site on gassers www.gassermadness.com.some beautiful cars for sale. gassers were the king when i was growing up they are what got me interested in cars to begin with . you can build a gasser using todays technogy and get a good handling hard hittin car.aftermarket suppliers support the gasser.so you dont have to use worn out parts built with old technology and materials. geezers gassers is another site that will tell you how to build a period correct car. we are building on now for me .son has his prostreet nova i want my gasser. i owen one in 67. sraight axle blown hemi. tilt front end. beatiful car built it myself.keep it on my dresser for years.till my mom dropped it while dusting my room.this one is a lot bigger and way more expensive. glass 41 willys. same as my car when i was a kid only bigger.this one is in the shop not on the dresser.!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:58 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

www.gassermadness.com
Old 07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Perfect- thanks everyone. Outlaw, I wish I could have seen those days back then... cheap gas, less liberals, more hot-rods, and GASSERS!! The 41' Willys is probably the most epic Gasser... I think a 40 Ford Coupe would be good, but I would not chop it up & too expensive. Can't decide about trading mine (if i can find a trade) or sell/buy & build. I would go w/ a built Gasser, even a partial built car. The links you sent are great... at least they will help me formualte some knowledge about them better. I saw a 70' Chevelle on RJ for sale about a year ago that was a Gasser... different, but very cool. Anyways, thanks again & show us some pis of the Willys when you are done. Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:16 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

70 chevelle gasser? i always kinda thought that muscle cars are what killed the gassers. no need to build a doorslammer when you could buy one ready to go.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah, it was a unique car for sure... it had the tunnel am, all flaming river steering & a nice striaght axel ft end with its nose way up... long ladderbars, 4speed, etc... I thought was pretty cool for a Chevelle not original or pro-steeted. Anyways, The NEWEST Gasser i would like to own would probably be 55-57 chev... otherwise, a 40's coupe would definately do the trick.