Lost my dad...

Old 01-31-2012, 02:29 PM
drewcrew
SHOW GUEST

To Julian and the others here that have been thru the loss of a parent all I can say is I'm sorry and you are in my prayers. I lost my Dad to cancer in October of 1970, two months after I got home from VietNam. He had three major surgeries starting the month after I left for VietNam. I didn't know anything about till maybe three weeks before I was scheduled to come home. He wouldn't let my Mom contact the Red Cross to get me home. He said since I volunteered for Nam he didn't want to mess up my plans. I have found the longer I live the smarter he was.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

My dad was such a Chevy nut, we buried him in a Chevy T-shirt, Chevy Hat and Edlebrock autographed hat by Vic Edelbrock!!! Just like he was at the track!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:55 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Just remember you have a life time of memories in your heart. Take Care.

TS1955
Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 AM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

Sorry for the loss of yor dad, I also lost my dad, brother, and golden retriever to cancer, it's a terrible thing. God bless your father.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

J3:

Cool guy!! I bet you are proud of him. Great pics too. Remember it is just bye for now. He is still there; just freed from his tired body. I bet he misses you too; but he is more alive that ever now. I hope there are hot rods up there... I bet there is... the tracks don't close down either. Keep your chin up & pray... your dad will get the message.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:44 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
J3:

Cool guy!! I bet you are proud of him. Great pics too. Remember it is just bye for now. He is still there; just freed from his tired body. I bet he misses you too; but he is more alive that ever now. I hope there are hot rods up there... I bet there is... the tracks don't close down either. Keep your chin up & pray... your dad will get the message.
Sorry guys, but I just wanted to repost this. As always Scooter, very thoughtful words when someone needs to hear them.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
My dad was such a Chevy nut, we buried him in a Chevy T-shirt, Chevy Hat and Edlebrock autographed hat by Vic Edelbrock!!! Just like he was at the track!!
Sorry to hear about your loss and the burial attire is way cool. I want to be buried in my SFI 20 suit, and if i don't ever get my Anglia finished that will be the next time it's used.

Zip.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by Rigsby
J3:

Sorry guys, but I just wanted to repost this. As always Scooter, very thoughtful words when someone needs to hear them.
Well thanks Wabb. I don't ever want to minimize a persons passing like J3's dad for example; but I truly believe that J3's dad is paradise right now. I don't understand it any better than anyone else, but I believe it. He is in good hands.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

I honestly hope he is...Even if there is nothing after death it cant be that bad, no one has ever came back.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

LOL!!! No seriously... the only one that "came back" left again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -