CSR vrs Meziere

Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

CSR is so good, I called yesterday to send my leaky filler neck down. The answer back

" sorry we stopped fixing them and went to a threaded style"

I say ok what can I do with it then, as its leaking and is only a few years old.

"I can sell you a new one but thats it"

sounds like a real stand up company to me ...
Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I must say, I agree w/ Hammer on this. I work in manufacturing. If I have a dealer who needs me to take care of something, it is worth my time to do so... even if it is 1 or 2 years old. Reason: why piss off a customer/dealer for possibly LIFE if I do not take some kind of action??? Do the math, it's pretty easy. A defect is an OPPORTUNITY in the rough. Make it right, you just gained some genuine loyalty from more than one person. Now if you dig in your heals, say things like: "I can't do anything for you, it is too old" "It is normal wear & tear, I am sorry"... BLAH BLAH BLAH. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Do you really think CSR will get the next sale from a guy who has a defective CSR pump?? of coarse not!!! that guy will buy someone else's pump & tell everyone how CSR does buisness... in the shop, at the garage, at the track, on the internet, etc.... not good when all CSR had to do was offer some help. How much would it have cost CSR??? worse case, cost on a new pump & they had a customer for life, who now promotes/advertises for CSR to all of his/her peers.

Think about what Hammer said: CSR admitted they changed part of the pump (which was undoubtedly inferior) & at the same time, CSR told him they would not back up their flawed design. (they are tired of fixing them) Oh, by the way.... you can buy our new one for full price. No thanks. JMO.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Ever notice how some threads just refuse to die? I guess since this one of those, I'll throw my 2 cents worth out there:
First, I have had CSR pumps on three different engines of my own, and built several engines for other people with them over the past 15 years and have never had a problem. I'm sure, just like every other manufacturer out there, they've had some bad ones.
Second, if I had a component like a water pump, fuel pump, electronics, and the like that failed within a few months after purchase, I'd expect the manufacturer to take care of it. Most would. However, if it failed 2 years later, I wouldn't even consider calling them. I've used it for 2 years, how could it possibly be a manufacturing problem.........I'd just buy a new one, and not be a cry baby.
As far as any business kissing ass to keep a customer, that's crap! Good customers are just that. If they require constant stroking to keep them coming back, they aren't good customers and they'll go elsewhere if they don't get their way.....
Precisely the problem with our society, it's always someone else's fault, something for nothing, and someone has to pay and make me rich because I'm stupid........blah blah blah.
Grow up, accept responsibility for yourself and your actions, realize that accidents happen and shouldn't make anyone a millionair, and get over it...
Johnny

ps: I just fell off my soapbox and think I'll sue.....
Old 04-21-2010, 05:08 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I surely wasnt wanting them to fix it for free... I was wanting to PAY them to fix the issue of it leaking. so yes I will be a cry baby about a product that was junk from the get go and they now finally admit it .. and refuse to even fix them...

I wish I had money like you to throw away every 2 years on parts (must be nice to be loaded) really whats wrong with the world is jerkoffs like you who'd rather take it in the rear then man up and say something to the company about a product you spent a few hundred dollars on that dont even last 2 yrs

I am done with this topic as anyone can see ... they did NOT want to fix THEIR prodouct ... and I quote "its a epoxy and we dont fix them because they will leak again but I'll send you a new one with a different design"

sounds like a company we should all spend money with ... :roll:
Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I'm glad you were willing to pay and didn't expect it for free. Certainly didn't get that from your post. Many people aren't.
As far as being loaded goes, I wish! I'm just a regular guy with a regular job, a VERY understanding wife, no toys other than my race car, a small/1300 sq ft house, and a car that cost more than my annual salary. Many used/ebay/racingjunk parts on it, and good friends and I usually use parts till their about done. Roughly 60k in the whole deal.
Maybe I am a jerkoff for not being willing to "man up" about a parts failure after several years of use in am extreme environment. It just seems unreasonable to me. Maybe my expectations aren't high enough?
Who knows.
I deal with people every day who will blame that leaking pinion seal on me after I change the spark plugs and worse. After all, it wasn't doing that when they brought it in....... :roll: Yesterday was especially bad.
Sorry, I had a moment,
Johnny
Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well guys... there is a balance to everything. Being in manufacturing (one of the few USA manufacturers left)... us companies need to take care of their customers. I strongly disagree John. Don't complain when you have less & less options to buy in the USA for parts on your car. Believe me, you don't have to "Kiss Ass" to any customers; they will just buy from a reverse engineered Chinese outlet instead; for half price. When this happens, you can blame our society/Americans for that too. After all, we are becoming a service industry here now more & more. Like I said, do the math genius.... take care of the customer now or suffer the consequences of your reputation ten-fold later!! The facts: 1. the pump was leaking (defective). 2. CSR said take a flying leap- buy a new one from us. 3. They admitted they were tired of fixing their own design flaw... these are the simple facts I read & that is my opinion. The fact that you had a bad day & are BUTT HURT that some customer blamed you for an unrelated issue is not even apples to apples of what is being discussed here.

I could care less if you do not share my opinion, but at least respect that everyone could see things a little differently than you.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Fair enough....
Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

I hope you guys don't mind if I weigh in on this topic. Seems to me they could have offered a new pump at a discount and all parties would be satisfied.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:57 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by deward
I hope you guys don't mind if I weigh in on this topic. Seems to me they could have offered a new pump at a discount and all parties would be satisfied.
X2.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by deward
to bad that wasnt offered

I was speaking of my csr filler neck also ...

my water pump is getting replaced next time it breaks, I wont even try it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -