WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.....THE GREAT AMERICAN LOOSERS

Old 12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

This is also the FEEDBACK section not just the SCAMMERS section. Not sure if he was scammed but he did not say he was "Scammed" I think he was frustrated with the service he was getting and after 20 weeks he recieved his money back and felt like he beat a possible scam. So he posted FEEDBACK with his personal results and what he thought was a helpful warning to others.IMO.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Avaliant65
SHOW GUEST

Default Wheeler Power Products Ripoff

We also found a Wheeler Product on eBay. A 351W short block. We promptly paid the 1800$ on May 5 and waited for our 4to 6 weeks delivery. After dozens of calls and even more excuses we cancelled our order and asked for our refund on Nov 11. Then waited 7 to 10 working days for our refund. It has been over 30 days and all we get are excuses. We have filed a written complaint with the Florida State Attorney General and to Florida Consumer board. Next week when we don't get our money; we will call the district attorney in Jacksonville Fl. and file a complaint there.
I realize 1800$ isn't alot of money to all you big rollers; but we're not rich. And Pete Wheeler is a crook based on our experience. :x
Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Wheeler Power Products Ripoff

Originally Posted by Avaliant65
We also found a Wheeler Product on eBay. A 351W short block. We promptly paid the 1800$ on May 5 and waited for our 4to 6 weeks delivery. After dozens of calls and even more excuses we cancelled our order and asked for our refund on Nov 11. Then waited 7 to 10 working days for our refund. It has been over 30 days and all we get are excuses. We have filed a written complaint with the Florida State Attorney General and to Florida Consumer board. Next week when we don't get our money; we will call the district attorney in Jacksonville Fl. and file a complaint there.
I realize 1800$ isn't alot of money to all you big rollers; but we're not rich. And Pete Wheeler is a crook based on our experience. :x

WOOOOOOOW- A FIRST TIME POSTS !!!! $1800 IS ALOT OF MONEY TO US BIG ROLLERS BUT YOU WOULD BEEN ALOT BETTER OFF PAYING FOR WHAT YOU GET --VALUE WISE !! CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER :cry: ops:
Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

hmm I see your posting from a cingular (Louisville Kentucky area)?? Don't know who you are calling Big rollers on here..the guys that have commented on this post are good ole Boys who just try to get to the bottom of things..No sign of Big rollers....Now I know some BIG ROLLERS who will tell you that $1800 is a chunk of change and they wouldn't like it too much losing that kind of money...JMO

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-13-2011, 04:45 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

$1,800 is a chunk of change to be out of. A $1,800 motor should be able to be put together a shipped out pretty qiuck.

Can you post a copy of the complaint you filled?
Old 12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Avaliant65
SHOW GUEST

Default Clarification of Wheeler Products ripoff

To Lively if you buy from Wheeler Power Products cheaper is always better. If I had paid him 3600$ my post would have said Wheeler ripped me off for 3600 instead of 1800$. And yes I did post this from my AT&T iPhone but my wife and I are truck drivers so our home base is in Oklahoma not Kentucky. The short block was the most basic I could get. No cam no oil pump no timing chain. And the reason we posted on this forum in the first place is we had emailed Racing junk about them running ads for Wheeler Power Products and wanted them to pull their ads. And I will do this anyplace I find them running a Wheeler ad I will ask them to pull it.
I called Wheeler today about our refund and they said maybe after the first of the year. On the Florida Attorney Gen. they do not advocate for anybody, but if they see laws broken they will pursue it. The form we filled out contained alot of personal info such as address and phone numbers. if you contact them I'm sure they will send you a form.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It is kinda strange that the first post somebody makes is in this thread. :wink:

I did some research and found these.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/director...-products.aspx

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jack...J544I741BKDJ7D

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Jackson...eviewContainer

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=106659

Some good results.

http://jacksonville.citysearch.com/p..._products.html

There are numerous forums that also have bad reviews about Wheeler that I did not list. I've never heard of them before this thread. I do have quit a few racing friends that live in Fl and none of them use him ( I'm sure they know of him I've just never heard of them myself.)

Many of the complaints are that they take too long. I know it usually takes almost all shops longer than they say and I'm ok with that to a point. However, with so many people saying 5 to 6 months to get a motor is not good business. I also wonder how they are so busy if so many people have so many problems with them.

I'll just sum up my comments about them based on my own research. (I have an engine builder and not going to change).
I would not use Wheeler based on the information I found.
Mush of the info. I read I feel is exaggerated, but they sure have more than their share of bad publicity.

I would love for Pete Wheeler to get on here and explain his side of the stories.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:36 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

good job rabbitt. i accidently run over a rabbit yesterday, i hope he wasnt one of your cousins lol
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Interesting Wabb.

Pretty bad rap on them in FL.

I did read the good posts too.

Weather it be a motor, body work/paint, etc... a person should honor their word. I understand things happen too. However, it looks like Wheeler has had it's share of debates on refunds, failed deadlines, customer service, etc... some mad folks complaining about them.

Perhaps they "cherry pick" the best jobs that bring the most money & the least amount of challenges... pushing some to the back. Whatever the case, I agree they have too much bad publicity.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:24 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Good FEEDBACK...Hope others thinking of using Wheeler see this and are aware of the potential time frame problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -