Scams

Old 09-12-2015, 03:15 PM
EY628
SHOW GUEST

Angry Scams

I love this site and believe it's an amazing place to advertise, sell and purchase items; however, are there others out there who get tired of receiving the scam text messages or emails? So far I have received three different messages from three different numbers (area codes are from Ohio, New York and Oklahoma) saying the EXACT same thing. One message came through at 5:03am, one at 11:04pm and one just came through at 5:10pm. In my ad I specifically point out that I will NOT ship and pick up ONLY. Here's how the texts go:

Texter: Do this item still available for sale in good condition? Kumho Ecsta SPT 255/35ZR20 tires on RG.

Me: Yes for pick up in KY only

Texter: Okay, how long have you own it? And I will be paying via UP bank check from my bank to you via USPS rep;y me back with your name and your mailing address to send the check out and will also arrange shipment through my shipper after you have cash at hand. Thanks

I have gotten this message from 347-741-7608 and 405-247-0896. There was another one a few weeks ago but I didn't keep the number. Is there any way to report these obvious scams to RJ and can RJ do anything since they are via text messages and not emails?
Old 09-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Brohey
SHOW GUEST

I think it all stems from them changing the email for the site. I get them too.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:22 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

If you give them your email, they have part of what they want, they can sell it to some other spammer. Never answer to obvious GENERIC RESPONSES that do not have the specific name of what you have advertised and never give them your email. It is the same on Craig's list and other sites. I don't think Racing Junk or other sites can do much about it. I report all the ads that come from over seas, advertising software jobs and services as MISUSE of SITE, but don't know is they do anything about it. Those ads are always NEW MEMBERS.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:12 PM
EY628
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the responses. Since I posted this yesterday I have received the same message from three other phone numbers: 405-247-0896, 817-612-3678 and 430-562-0867.This is getting ridiculous. Guess I'm going to have to edit my ad to take my phone number off.