Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware of streetrodder37 - He's a liar

Junior Member APPRENTICE

Beware of streetrodder37 - He's a liar

So I contact streetrodder37 out of Pennsylvania and in his ad it states "numbers matching" so in our initial conversation I ask the question if it is in fact "numbers matching" and his response is: "I purchased it out of an estate sale we checked engine trans and rear #s they are matching to the car" so we go back and forth negotiating and come to an agreement on price and I tell him "I will be checking numbers so please don't waste either of our time" and now his response is: "thats what i was told and have no reason to dought the one i got it from". So buyer beware he is a liar.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Sorry the ad in question is actually posted under his alias of "kodiakid"

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    So, do you know it is NOT numbers matching? Did you ask him to personally verify the numbers and send you pictures? If he won't, then you can say he is possibly a scammer. Did you tell him you are posting on this forum, so he can defend himself, if he wants to?

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    I didn't call him a scammer, I called him a liar. He told me they checked the engine, trans and rear #'s and they were matching to the car. Then it became "he was told" that it was numbers matching. Is that not a lie??

Sorry. I did not say you said he was a scammer. I said you could call him a scammer if he did not follow thru with a request to verify the numbers. Either way, you have a case to be upset with the guy.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    No scam only a seller you can't trust. Allways verify numbers yourself,thats the only sure way.
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE TIME TO DO IT RITE, DON'T DO IT.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    I wouldn't trust a thing he said. He flips cars so fast he can't know anything about them. Every motor is "fresh", every tranny is "fresh" yeah right!

you lost some time, no money thats a good thing, got your side of the story now maybe we will hear his.

you are the liar i told you the roadrunner was matching #s thats what was told to me when i got the car and i even had the build sheet to it you just wanted to steal the car for nothing and it didnt work out for you if any body is a scammer its you

here we go, now we are cooking.