ATI Input Shaft. 4340, or 300M?

Old 03-28-2015, 04:03 AM
nhrajeff
SHOW GUEST

Default ATI Input Shaft. 4340, or 300M?

I purchased an ATI input shaft #355259. According to the catalog it is a shaft made of 300M, with THM 350 splines, and is pressed I to a stock forward drum. Upon receipt of it, I noticed that the label states that it is a THM350 splined input shaft, pressed into an OEM drum, and made from 4340 steel. As you might imagine, I called to inquire. I called ATI, and was told by a sort of pompous tech person that it was a misprint. I now have very little trust that it is in fact 300M. What to do?
Old 03-29-2015, 07:38 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

send it back and get the right "PRINT"
Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

ATI is an industry leader in transmissions and converters. The Beattie family and their company are quality people. I would call back and ask to speak to a manager and ask to send pictures of what you have to him and ask to exchange it with a part he personally looks and verifies it is what you are paying for or have him prove to your satisfaction what you already have is correct. The manager wont want a dissatisfied customer or a pompous tech person.