Thread: ATI Input Shaft. 4340, or 300M?

ATI Input Shaft. 4340, or 300M?

I purchased an ATI input shaft #355259. According to the catalog it is a shaft made of 300M, with THM 350 splines, and is pressed I to a stock forward drum. Upon receipt of it, I noticed that the label states that it is a THM350 splined input shaft, pressed into an OEM drum, and made from 4340 steel. As you might imagine, I called to inquire. I called ATI, and was told by a sort of pompous tech person that it was a misprint. I now have very little trust that it is in fact 300M. What to do?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    send it back and get the right "PRINT"

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    ATI is an industry leader in transmissions and converters. The Beattie family and their company are quality people. I would call back and ask to speak to a manager and ask to send pictures of what you have to him and ask to exchange it with a part he personally looks and verifies it is what you are paying for or have him prove to your satisfaction what you already have is correct. The manager wont want a dissatisfied customer or a pompous tech person.