Watch out for this guy

Old 03-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Curt1022
SHOW GUEST

Default Watch out for this guy

If your doing racing business on the internet, watch out for this guy. So, here is the info: I advertised a set of front dragster wheels on the Racing Junk website for $600. This nitwit sent me a text wanting to know if they were still available. I responded that they were. He said he wanted them and would be sending me a check in the mail with and extra $50(applying to my perceived greed)in the USPS just for holding them. He continued to send me texts (using these Phone numbers: 3233208555,2343002455,3612486957,5159967562 indicating how anxious he was to make the purchase and making sure I was holding them for him.(pressure to close the deal) Sure enough, a couple of days later, I got a check via Priority mail. In the meantime, I had texted him asking him for his name. He wrote back that it was: Price Lee. When I opened the envelope, the check was for $1,900.73 from "Antenna Products Corp", signed by Price Lee and drawn on Frost Bank, 4200 South Hulen, Fort Worth, Texas 76109 Another problem was that the mail was from John Annentown, Brookheaven College, 3939 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75224. Being a retired Police Chief, I suspected a rip coming. So, I sent him a text asking why the difference. He wrote back and said to just cash the check, then go to WallMart and wire him the difference. (As most of you know, this is a version of a very old scam. Because your bank knows you, they cash the check, you send the additional money to him and then the bank finds out the check is no good. Even if you wait a couple of days to send the product, your still out $1300.)FBI NOTIFIED!! BE CAREFUL!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:23 AM
sdgarey
SHOW GUEST

I just had the same thing happen. Got a check sent for $1300.00 for a $400.00 part. Nothing but texts from the person. I just sent his mail back to him unopened. Obviously he wanted me to send him a check for $900.00. Same old scam story!! This guy's name was Justin. His address was in Reading, Ohio. Anyway, sellers be careful!!