Thread: Insight on crossing border and racing in Canada....

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Insight on crossing border and racing in Canada....

Just had a guy wanting to buy my chassised Corvette...professionally built racecar...he wants a title...I told him a chassised racecar has no title...he said without a title he can't race in Canada...is this true or am I getting my leg pulled?? and if so how would one race a professionally built race car in Canada?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    The son of the lady I work for ran into the same problem selling a road race Mustang to a guy in Canada. I haven't asked him lately what happened in that deal.

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    Just had a guy wanting to buy my chassised Corvette...professionally built racecar...he wants a title...I told him a chassised racecar has no title...he said without a title he can't race in Canada...is this true or am I getting my leg pulled?? and if so how would one race a professionally built race car in Canada?
    They need to have a a VIN or Serial number. Getting the cars across the boarder they deal with a brokering agent. This is if they want to do everything buy the book.

If you have a chassis tag with the builders serial # and bill of sale for the car, you may be able to make that work.
    Thank you to all our sponsors:

Racetech Race Cars
    V's House of Horse Power
    Intensity Race Products
    Vickers Transmissions
    Abruzzi Converters
    J&J Engine Diapers

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE Swiley383's Avatar
    That would make more sence than having a title to race. I was wondering if it had something to do with customs.