Text scammers

Old 09-28-2014, 09:51 AM
warren68
SHOW GUEST

Default Text scammers

Dealing with one now Was sent text about add I have in Racing Junk. I sent more info had him send email address to send pics. His reply was wanted area code for shipping cost was sent text about costs also they have phone with Oklahoma area code but asked about where they replied just moved to Canada Wanted Pay pal#s told I do not use paypal I will only accept certified U.S bank draft for amount. Just recieved reply, Sorry Paypal Only goes by Name Adams # 1-405-261-9504 and email [email protected] . Really have to be careful out there thanks Wild Bill Sparks Nv. new devopement text saying he would like to know if I want him to look at what I Have to sell waiting for reply told them to call nothing yet

Last edited by warren68; 09-28-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: add on info
Old 09-29-2014, 09:53 AM
warren68
SHOW GUEST

never heard back from this Person did say he would call nothing watch out for this one bill
Old 11-12-2014, 01:02 PM
wwright69
SHOW GUEST

just received the same text from that number for an ad I just posted 30 minutes ago, and nearly word for word.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:01 PM
bagged65
SHOW GUEST

Yeah I also got a text from this number asking about the zip code for shipping. Glad I googled the number.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:12 PM
kjmotorsports10
SHOW GUEST

Just got text from this number today about shipping address. They sent us a text saying they wanted to buy it and that they sent us money via Paypal money never came through. Also they informed us that we need to check in the junk, spam, or bulk file on our email. We contacted Paypal ad found out they faked a Paypal payment confirmation email. Beware the email for the fake Paypal payment confirmation email is services@[email protected]!
Old 12-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Robs55
SHOW GUEST

I just received a text with the same information also. Was it still for sale. Zip code for shipping cost. Then Pay Pal acct. number
Old 02-10-2015, 09:45 AM
skipracing25
SHOW GUEST

just had a run in with the 405-261-9504 James Adams...wanted to buy a carbuerator. I became suspicious when he didn't ask any questions just immediately wanted my zip code for shipping. Then the next morning i rec'd several text from him with very specific instructions on how to do the transaction on top of the 2 emails from paypal saying my funds were on hold until i paid the shipping company through western union. I checked my paypal account only to see nothing pending. So i inquired with pay pal which confirmed my suspicions that it was a scam. I then googled about the shipping company he was going to use only to find the exact same scam pulled on someone else, almost word for word verbatim of what i had just went through. When he texted again asking if i had made the transaction or not, i replied to him telling him i knew he was a scam and to try again. Be cautious becasue it appears he has been lurking on this site for a while now trying to scam us.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Kfrick
SHOW GUEST

I Believe that there is a scam from a [email protected] I have received multiple messages from him and they don't seem correct. Always asking for personal email and asking questions that the ad already addresses, be aware. I am new to this site and don't know how to report this. Thanks
Keith
Old 02-11-2015, 07:22 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Anytime they ask you to send your email to their GMAIL address it is probably a scam. It seems all scammers use GMAIL to me.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:06 AM
NONCAR
SHOW GUEST

:evil:They are at it.i have been approached by texters to send shipper costs/shipping costs to western union.i just listed an item 1 day ago and got 2 scammers hitting on me.i have put a scammer alert on my ad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -