Watch out for bowtiepony!!! Do not buy

Old 08-27-2014, 01:05 PM
kchaser
SHOW GUEST

Default Watch out for bowtiepony!!! Do not buy

Hi there, buyers beware of bowtiepony. He has many ads on here

I purchased a engine from member bowtiepony. He sells a lot on racing junk. The engine purchased was ad 182157728. I want to leave feedback so other member don’t get screwed by this guy. The engine was junk ($5000 gone!). Valve train geometry was so bad it broke ½ the rocker studs on first startup. Then after one test hit it broke the oil pump. Took it to my engine builder and the “forged stroker crank” was a stock crank ground to get the stroke, not internally balanced as he indicated and the end play on the crank was so bad it damaged the crank and took out the thrush. So with this supposedly “ready to run fresh rebuild” I am into it for all new rocker, new rocker studs new oil pump new forged crank, rings, bearings and a rebuild from my engine builder (along with other stuff).

I contacted him and he did make it right on the rocker issue but will not call me back on the crank not being what was indicated and the other issues junk. He needs negative feedback so this does not happen over and over to other members. I have had good luck dealing with racingjunk until now and will not buy from here anymore because nobody has feedback to tell if they are deadbeats or not.