I inherited a pro mod '53 corvette - how do I sell?!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 AM
stevierichards
SHOW GUEST

Default I inherited a pro mod '53 corvette - how do I sell?!

My father, the ultimate hot rod/racer, recently passed and I've inherited all of his "toys" - a '53 pro mod corvette (probably the sweetest car you've every seen, (he spent over 200K total on it- i know I will not get that back but did have it appraised to sell at about 110K w/ the 26' custom trailer included (and possibly a matching golf cart to the car), an '03 Journey DL, fully loaded, appraised to sell at about 85K, How do I sell these things, I know the market is SO small. Any help is appreciated!!!!! -Stevie
Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default sell

easy to advertise it on this site, selling it may be another.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:00 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Work up a blog page where you can send folks via www, then load it up with LOTS of detail pics of every part of the car, top and bottom. List everything you know about the car ie; engine parts and builder, trans and builder, rear end and builder, chassis and builder. Is the chassis/cage certified and for what sanctioning body and time/speed rating. Performance numbers ie; time slips with ET/speed.

List the car here on RJ in the classifieds, with a link to your blog/info page and contact info.

If you post some pics and basic info here in the forum, we can give you an idea as far as pricing. You STILL want to list it in the RJ classifieds though. And please, if it is sold through it's listing on RJ, please make an honor payment to help keep this site open.

Last but not least, our condolences to your family.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:42 PM
stevierichards
SHOW GUEST

I know absolutely nothing about the engine and all that- here is the posting, a friend of his knows just a little about it and he's who posted it:

http://www.racingjunk.com/Pro-Modifi...-Corvette.html

Any help is appreciated. I will try to post more pics, but have to figure it out.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:49 PM
stevierichards
SHOW GUEST

'03 journey DL

http://dayton.craigslist.org/rvs/4366237216.html
Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Nice car. Good luck with the sale...
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Just to confirm;
- There are gobs of scams out there in the performance/race car buying world. Am hoping you are aware, if not we can help you in regards to what to watch for. If you ARE aware then no offense and good luck.