You guys in the south east ready for some snow?

Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default You guys in the south east ready for some snow?

I saw the forecast earlier that some of you guys might get 2-3"!
Around here thats a weekly thing but some of you folks have never seen salt road or a county plowtruck before.
After the crappy weather we have had up here so far this year its time to spread some love :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

You're already spreading the love to NE La. expecting 17* to 21* the next 3 nites, and we just came off that last week, also some snow last week (didn't stick on the roads though)
I grew up in Chgo. i could take it when i was young, not the case any more.

Zip
Old 01-27-2014, 03:24 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Surfs up........-23 tonight with a -45 wind-chill
Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

8 tonight and 4 on Tuesday night with wind chill in the - numbers. The roads here have been salty for a few weeks the first hint of snow no matter if it is cold enough to stick or not or just a few flurries.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It was 64+*'s here today and they canceled schools in 3 counties for tomorrow and some went ahead and closed Wednesday too.
It's suppose to start snowing around 12 tomorrow. Hope all of you guys stay warm.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

YOU ALL CAN KEEP YOUR FREEKIN' LOVE !
i'M READY FOR RACIN' WEATHER !!
yes I've got cabin FEEEEEVER !!
:lol: 8) :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :P ops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :?: :?: :arrow: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: 8) 8) 8)
Old 01-28-2014, 04:17 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

-5° this morning but at least the wind has finally died down.
Sunday night about 9pm when this front rolled through the local weather station recorded 58mph sustained winds! It made the wind chill -32°
:shock:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-28-2014, 06:53 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
It was 64+*'s here today and they canceled schools in 3 counties for tomorrow and some went ahead and closed Wednesday too.
It's suppose to start snowing around 12 tomorrow. Hope all of you guys stay warm.
I know Rabbit we reached 66 yesterday. I was chopping kinling in a SS shirt.

Getting cloudy now they saying should start about 2pm.. My 8 year old is Jacked. I have to say I'm ok with it. There are some people mostly kids that has never seen snow here in their home state. Our SCDPT is not equipped like the guys up north. I mean they have snow equipment just not a lot of it.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I know Rabbit we reached 66 yesterday. I was chopping kinling in a SS shirt.

Getting cloudy now they saying should start about 2pm.. My 8 year old is Jacked. I have to say I'm ok with it. There are some people mostly kids that has never seen snow here in their home state. Our SCDPT is not equipped like the guys up north. I mean they have snow equipment just not a lot of it.
BJ i remember when i got talked into moving to Anderson in 1967 by my Cousin, he said get away from the snow, Ya well it snowed 5" that first winter i was there.
But today i'm feeling the love from up north, It's up to 23* now and still snowing we have about 2" and the roads are solid ice, the only salt we have is in the kitchen cabinets for cooking. It's supposed to go down to 16* tonite. Winds are 15/20 MPH.

Zip.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I REALLLLLLLLY shouldn't be bichin' ...We've actually had it VERY easy here compared to the rest of the Nation. Just sustained cold due to inversion, no snow or bad ice issues. I'm just being a whiner . ops: ops: ops: ops:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -