Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power/Heat bills

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Power/Heat bills

Gee guys i cant buy any speed parts. Just got my heat/lite bill 380.00 big ones.Got another below zero week...all week. Anyone wanta move south.lol :cry:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Power/Heat bills

Quote Originally Posted by shybx1969
    Gee guys i cant buy any speed parts. Just got my heat/lite bill 380.00 big ones.Got another below zero week...all week. Anyone wanta move south.lol :cry:
    You might have to move to South America, to find warmer weather, i live in NE Louisanna, and have been waking up to 20*'s and colder, and expecting 20* or colder 4 out of 5 days this week. i got the largest natural gas bill this month, that i've ever recieved ($110.00 and that doesn't include elec. bill) in 8 yrs. of living here. Talking to my neice' husband yesterday, who has lived here all his life said this is the coldest winther he's seen in 15 to 20 yrs.

Zip.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    My gas bill is a fixed bill at $49.19 a month. My electric bill last month was $69.48. Just me and the dog in the house so my utilities are pretty cheap.
    I let the heat dropped to 64 in the house at night. I keep my bedroom door close at night and have an electric heater on a timer that comes about 4:00 am (turns off at 6:00 am) so it's nice and toasty in my room by the time I get up.
    Been doing that for years and it really cut my heating bills down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbit
    My gas bill is a fixed bill at $49.19 a month. My electric bill last month was $69.48. Just me and the dog in the house so my utilities are pretty cheap.
    I let the heat dropped to 64 in the house at night. I keep my bedroom door close at night and have an electric heater on a timer that comes about 4:00 am (turns off at 6:00 am) so it's nice and toasty in my room by the time I get up.
    Been doing that for years and it really cut my heating bills down.
    Yep Rabbit if i amoritzed my gas bill it would probably be close to that per month, i have a gas furnace and hot water plus cook stove, on the other hand my light bill was only $32.00 last month and that with the furnace blower, lights 2 computers, 2 TV's, and electric dryer, Etc, but my shop is on a seperate meter from the house and it averages about $22.00 a month

Zip.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    Well we are on propane. Last month $2.80 a gallon, filled up today $3.80 a gallon for the 100 gallons it took. Yep, $380.00 gas bill. Supposed to be 5.00 a gallon by the first of the week. $285 electric bill last month. I'm ready for spring and warmer weather to get here.

Curtis

Curtis i know what you mean about propane, i hate those A-holes, my house in Ms. in on propane, and i ahven't been up there since sept. 30, evause i'm setting on a 250 gal tank that's empty and i can't heat 1840 sq ft with an electric heater in this kind of weather. I'm going to go to all electric if i get the chance both here in La. and in Ms.

Zip.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    Curtis i know what you mean about propane, i hate those A-holes, my house in Ms. in on propane, and i ahven't been up there since sept. 30, evause i'm setting on a 250 gal tank that's empty and i can't heat 1840 sq ft with an electric heater in this kind of weather. I'm going to go to all electric if i get the chance both here in La. and in Ms.

Zip.

Hope ya drained all the pipes !
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Quote Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick

Zip.

Hope ya drained all the pipes !
    Yes when i leave the house, i turn off the water and flush both bathrooms and open the water taps in both bathroms and the kitchen including the hot water valves, the only thing running is the frig and a couple nite lites plus poarch lites, i do always have concerns of the hot water heater but have been lucky so far., the house is off the ground but very well closed in with skirting.

Zip.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Power

If you are considering heat alternatives, especially for your garage, take a look at FUJITSU Mini Split systems.

Heat and air conditioning in one unit. All electric. Very efficient. works down to -5 degrees.

One unit hung on wall inside up high. Power unit hung on outside wall.

2 refrigeration lines running vertical outside with cover over it. Unit is charged, so no gas has to be added at start up. ( Be sure to double check nut connections, had to change them to prevent leaks.)

Can install in one weekend with 2 people.

220 volts, 11 amps draw at max.

Inverter DC variable speed fan and power unit.

Remote temperature control, no wires.

Can get larger ones with up to 4 different heads and separate controls for each one for whole house use.

I already had a hanging natural gas heater, Reznor BULL DAWG, that is also high effiency. Fujitsu is more efficient, cost less.

Set it on AUTO, 70 degrees year round, and forget it.

Midwest location.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar

Zip.

Yeah Zip, mine is a 300 gallon tank but I never let it get below 50% because of the amount to refill. 2150 sq feet here. We use some electric oil filled heaters in the house to supplement when it is really cold. Just bought this house a couple years ago and have been working to get it more energy efficient, 100 gallons a month isn't cutting it. It's a crawl space house and I had the underneath shot with expanding foam. That helped quite a bit.

Got spoiled with the mild winter last couple years and the cheap gas prices.

Curtis