Thread: Stepped deeper into the 21st century today !

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

Stepped deeper into the 21st century today !

My old trusty flip phone failed to wake up completely this morning. All I had was a blank blue screen. :? :?: :?: Bit the bullet and purchased an entry level 'smarta$$' phone. Gonna be a challenge learning all the little and many intricacies. I needed credit card processing capabilities so this will let me take plastic. Technology is an absolute curse on one hand and a great tool on the other. ops: ops: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

I'm developing a love / hate relationship with this effing slab of technology .....was a split second away from taking a 5 pound sledge to it the other day :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    YB i had the same situation about 1 1/2 yrs. ago, i had been with Verizon for 7 or 8 yrs and speaker went bad on my flip phone. They said they didn't have a comparable and insisted on sending me a smart phone with all the garbage you're talking about, i had it for about 2 weeks and said hell with this. So went looking and i found a flip phone at AT&T at $43.00 a month ( no texting but after 2 mo's they gave it to me anyway for free) Since i already had AT&T home service and DSL, i went with it. I save $15.00 on my combination phones and DSL and Verison lost a customer.
    If i would have kept the smartphone i would have had to pay more for sure.
    Bottom line, i'll never go with a smart phone with all the stupid apps, that i don't need

Zip.

Man do I hear ya, Zip ! The ONLY real reason for me to put up with this BS is so I can take plastic payments while in the field. Besides, the DHS will need my coordinates to ZAP me, and you just KNOW I wouldn't want to make their job more difficult ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH