Thread: Harbor Frieght blower

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Harbor Frieght blower

Wadda u guys think of that blower at HF that u can adda small heater too it for 20.00. Dont like the smell of my kero heater in garage, do u think its junk. Just want something to tide me over winter, so i can wrk on car.thnx

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    The only time my kerosene heater puts out any smell is when I shut it off. It's pretty bad too. I just carry it outside, turn it off and leave it out there for a little while.
    Other than that I love the kerosene heater.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    The ONLY thing I buy at HF are jack stands, and then they are the 6 tonners. I'll NEVER NEED that capacity but I'm an overkill kinda guy ! Any thing electrical is a crap shoot, safety wise IMHO ......
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Harbor Frieght blower

Quote Originally Posted by shybx1969
    Wadda u guys think of that blower at HF that u can adda small heater too it for 20.00. Dont like the smell of my kero heater in garage, do u think its junk. Just want something to tide me over winter, so i can wrk on car.thnx
    I looked at the heater that you were talking about, i doubt that it would do much in the way of heating a garage, it might heat a 6X6' room that is well insulaed.
    Here's a good option and not too expensive if you have a 240 plug in your garage.

Zip.

http://www.bestcovery.com/dimplex-dc...=4&best=240856

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Are you using K1 kerosene in your heater ? If so, that's the cleanest kerosene to use. Anything else is ''dirty'' and maybe this is what you're smelling. Maybe it's time to replace the wick.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andamo
    Are you using K1 kerosene in your heater ? If so, that's the cleanest kerosene to use. Anything else is ''dirty'' and maybe this is what you're smelling. Maybe it's time to replace the wick.
    I don't. That stuff is EXPENSIVE! It's like $11 a gallon.
    I agree about the wick and should have mentioned that.

You could buy a small propane heater that will put off a lot more heat than the small electric heater.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I use a stove in my garage most of the time but I also use a propane heater that you can get for around $100.00. Sears and several other places carry them. The propane heater does great and doesn't smell at all. My garage is 1400sq ft and it does fine.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    i think Jegs has a fan on sale, and then the 4000btu heater attatment is free,