My wife dont get it

Old 11-11-2013, 03:00 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Default My wife dont get it

Anybody else have a wife girlfriend/live in ask...why are u guys always talking about cars/racing/engines....when u could be sitting w/me watching ThList,Dancing with the Stars...gee dear i dont know, Sure ill watch tv with her...if the news,hist channel,pinks something ware i dont have to listen to a flat voice audition..anyone else get lectured...she aint all bad i did get her to buy me a cadillac retro air cleaner for xmas this year..had to beg but im getting it...
Old 11-11-2013, 03:28 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Yer gonna get that from ALL women unless they are ALSO diehard GEARHEADS .... been through a BUNCH !
Old 11-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Got say I got lucky my wife dose not complain about my car talk or gun talk that much except for once when I forgot she was laying down with a migraine and started my race car. I felt the look of death before I saw her. I am really spending a lot of time in the shop now that I started reloading ammo. She tells me it gives her time to read without me bothering her.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:11 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

My father in law issa gearhead also, she just never was all that interested, her mom is the same way..haha I just cant watch game shows, singing,dancing...its gotta be something you can learn about.or sports. Now that racing season is over i can plan and talk with all my buddies.. Shes a good wife dont get me wrong...give her 100 bucks too shop shes as fine as frogs hair.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I am a lucky man, my wife is a gearhead and she watch's none of that fufu crap! We watched the NHRA finals yesterday live on ESPN3.com, all afternoon and she was just as glued to it as I was all day.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-11-2013, 04:32 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Harbone
I am a lucky man, my wife is a gearhead and she watch's none of that fufu crap! We watched the NHRA finals yesterday live on ESPN3.com, all afternoon and she was just as glued to it as I was all day.
Yer a lucky man dude..My wife did express an interest in us getting a harley..hmm maybe thiers hope..
Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

My wife has always wanted a Harley when I first met her here plan was to but a Harley when she paid off her jeep. Instead by then we had gotten engaged and were house hunting. The subject still comes up when we pass one one the road. I have always wanted a Harley too just never have been able to afford one.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:33 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Harbone
I agree Chris mine is too, Hell my wife can rebuild a carb :!: :!:

Mark
Old 11-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

This is how it goes for my wife:

"Honey, it is the thing that sits on top of the motor"... "ya know, it sticks out of the hood & you see it on top".... you can't miss it....

SCREW IT. "Just get me the Summit Gift Card"... I will but it myself for Christmas.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:16 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Ha Ha. Don't even try to explain it to her. It's not that they can't understand. It's they DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND what you're telling them!
Just grin and bare it and watch TV with her for a little while and tell her how much you enjoy it!!! lol
I'm not actually smart enough to follow through with it (either)
:lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -