40' container sideloader

Old 09-30-2013, 11:06 PM
andrewaust
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default 40' container sideloader

Guys,
Does anyone out there in the Texas / Louisiana areas know of a trucking company that has a container sideloader.
That is a trailer that has a crane type setup at each end that lifts the container on and off the trailer and places on the ground next to it
In Australia they are a dime a dozen but I cant locate one in the States.
I have a race car (dragster) in Louisiana that I need to get the container off the trailer onto the ground to allow for easy loading.
If this isnt an option what about a roll on off arrangement.
Let me know
Thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 09:20 AM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

andrewaust,
I don't know about La specifically, but. If you are near a railroad yard that loads and unloads containers, and if you know someone that works there, or just go there and explain your situation to them, maybe they would be willing to help you out. They have giant cranes and side loaders that do this 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
I retired after 32 plus years with a railroad, and I've been to many yards that do this, so I know that they can do it, if you can just find one and talk to them about your situation.
The type of yard that you need is called an "intermodal" yard.
Good luck, dgh
Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

You can have a a crane company send a crane over and set it where you want it. I move, load, offload containers all the time.

Should cost you roughly $650 for a local crane company to do it.
They will work for COD customers.