beaumont434

Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 AM
samuel21
SHOW GUEST

Default beaumont434

Watch out for this guy! On two separate deals I have received cars with problems. The first had a bad electric water pump which he would not come good for.
Recently did another deal with him where he sent parts and cash to settle the problem. I had to pull the engine to fix a leaky oil pan and timing cover as well as leaking valve covers. He said he didn't know about the leaks. The car dropped enough oil on my trailer coming home you would have to be blind not to notice so it had been dropping oil at the race track and his driveway and shop floor. Parts he sent had to be modified or were completely useless. Cash he sent covered a new pan. The original was sitting on the steering rack. Says he didn't know about that either. The original Milodon pan had a lot of damage done to it.
After telling him that I was not interested in doing business with him after the first experience. After several assurances that the first problem was a one off and he was not a bad person, I got shafted again.
He thinks he is a good engine builder. The engine in this car had a loose filter adapter. I could turn the bolts with my fingers. The timing cover was forced down around the cam button and the button was chewing away at the cover with excessive load on the bearing in the button.
The bottom line....don't go there!!!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:20 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

From kindergarden:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:32 AM
samuel21
SHOW GUEST

Default beaumont434

You have a point there but the water pump was a little thing compared to what I am dealing with now.
I think I am going to take the engine to a builder and have it checked. I found out the cam button has over 0.050 of space to the timing cover. Adjustment by hammer and socket to the steel cover I assume