Rick Scott N. Canton Ohio user name abodyaddict bad seller!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:05 PM
manley
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Rick Scott N. Canton Ohio user name abodyaddict bad seller!

Rick sold me a turn key dragster with a 555 bbc on it that was suppose to have a been a new crank, rods and piston, and a freshend set of heads! Well to make a long story short the block was cracked, he said he would make good on it with some money back (6weeks later,I've never received a dime)! I epoxy the crack and decided to go ahead and run it (water was coming out not going in the motor, and just barley dripped after the fix) motor ran great, the second week I ran it it sheard the timing chain gear bolt off the camshaft and did some damage the motor needless to say! After taking the motor apart I discovered a .010/.010 crank, what looks like a older set of pistons bla, bla, bla, bla! So I told Rick what happen, he said he wanted to make a stand with the guy that sold him this stuff, and said he would buy the motor back from me! I went and got the heads that where already at the machine shop, took a bunch of parts back, and canceled a order for parts thinking he was buying it back and he was fully aware of all this! Here I am 4 weeks later he has kept in contact with and gave me every line of bullshit in the book as to why he can't make it to pick up the motor! The first check for the cracked block was sent out like 4 different time to here him tell it! The truth is I think he knew damn good and well that block was cracked and that motor was a bunch of used crap! What upsets me the most is he knew I was fixing the motor and stopped me dead in the middle of it, just to bullshit me around for 4 damn weeks! Rick u are a liar and a scammer in my eyes! Heck, he could of lied and told me he was broke and there was nothing he could do to help that would of been better then jacking me around for 6 damn weeks with his bullshit!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:38 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

N. Canton is 10 minutes up the road. I don't think I ever recall seeing the dragster come out. I remember him posting on some other internet forums but never saw the car run.

Here is a link he had not to long ago for the motor for sale:

http://forum.dragwayofmagnolia.com/u...aspx?id=368494
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Rick Scott N. Canton Ohio user name abodyaddict bad sell

[quote="bjuice"]
Originally Posted by manley
Rick sold me a turn key dragster with a 555 bbc on it that was suppose to have a been a new crank, rods and piston, and a freshend set of heads! Well to make a long story short the block was cracked, he said he would make good on it with some money back (6weeks later,I've never received a dime)! I epoxy the crack and decided to go ahead and run it (water was coming out not going in the motor, and just barley dripped after the fix) motor ran great, the second week I ran it it sheard the timing chain gear bolt off the camshaft and did some damage the motor needless to say! After taking the motor apart I discovered a .010/.010 crank, what looks like a older set of pistons bla, bla, bla, bla! So I told Rick what happen, he said he wanted to make a stand with the guy that sold him this stuff, and said he would buy the motor back from me! I went and got the heads that where already at the machine shop, took a bunch of parts back, and canceled a order for parts thinking he was buying it back and he was fully aware of all this! Here I am 4 weeks later he has kept in contact with and gave me every line of bullshit in the book as to why he can't make it to pick up the motor! The first check for the cracked block was sent out like 4 different time to here him tell it! The truth is I think he knew damn good and well that block was cracked and that motor was a bunch of used crap! What upsets me the most is he knew I was fixing the motor and stopped me dead in the middle of it, just to bullshit me around for 4 damn weeks! Rick u are a liar and a scammer in my eyes! Heck, he could of lied and told me he was broke and there was nothing he could do to help that would of been better then jacking me around for 6 damn weeks with his bullshit!
stamped...
Sorry man...sound like you got slammed...keep us posted...

This is not helping you any but hopefully what I am about to say will help a few others that ready this.

Buying used motors is a risky business along with other things like converters and trannys...I urge people to stay away from purchasing this type of equipment unless you know the seller personally and the equipment....sadly most of the time its people trying to un-load their Junk.

Thanks for letting us know Manley...you made some good points of what the seller should have just done instead.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM
manley
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yes Shawn's that's the motor and yes bjuice used motors are risky! I don't have a bunch of money in it, but it's just the fact that he sold it as new stuff, knowing good and well that block was cracked! Then I pulled the heads out of the machine shop,and took my parts back, thinking he was buying it back! He knew I was already in the middle of fixing it, that's what pissed me off, after he jerked me around for 4 week with bullshit reasons that he couldn't come get it! On top of the bullshit check that was never sent for the cracked block! I'm more pissed over his bullshit, and lies then I am about the motor!