Attentin: Mopar68

Old 08-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Attentin: Mopar68

Hey Mark,
Bjuice saw this driving around today, said he pulled in behind him and tried to buy the car like Count from Counting Cars. Says he had dyno sheets showing 552hp @5600rpm and 522 torque @4500rpm! Also had a 250NOS shot, badars Road Runner!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

That is one nice ride :!: :!:
Old 08-09-2013, 10:28 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Mark it was nice. I saw him going down the road and turned in muffler shop. I did a U TURN right in behind him..just like the count...the owner was a super nice black guy that was a motor head like me. We talked 1/2 hour. He even had dyno sheets in the car dash...he said it was original 383ci car with black shaker hood but he put the 440ci in it....I tried to get him to price it but he wasn't biting

Thanks Bone for Posting.

Briani

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-10-2013, 05:13 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Why would anyone paint the dadgum hood hinges and springs yellow?? :evil:
Other than that it looks good.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Why would anyone paint the dadgum hood hinges and springs yellow?? :evil:
Other than that it looks good.
Agreed, sweet ride but the springs look chitty. Black would set them off with the yellow.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:24 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Hey Mark it was nice. I saw him going down the road and turned in muffler shop. I did a U TURN right in behind him..just like the count...the owner was a super nice black guy that was a motor head like me. We talked 1/2 hour. He even had dyno sheets in the car dash...he said it was original 383ci car with black shaker hood but he put the 440ci in it....I tried to get him to price it but he wasn't biting

Thanks Bone for Posting.

Briani

So i take it wasn't for sale :!: :!:

All of my car's has the hinges and springs painted same as the body :!: Even our new Challenger is painted that way from factory :!: :!:
Old 08-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

My Dad's first car was a 68 roadrunner 383 4sp red with a black top and he said it had console in it. I wish it was still around. Somthing ironic my father in law had a silver 69 roadrunner 383 4sp he bought new he wishes he still had it every time he sees one. The only thing we have is some pictures of both.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:56 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by mopar1968

Thanks Bone for Posting.

Briani

All of my car's has the hinges and springs painted same as the body :!: Even our new Challenger is painted that way from factory :!: :!:
Did not know that, guess you learn something everyday.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:38 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968

Thanks Bone for Posting.

Briani

No he would not sell. I am always looking out for Road Runners 69 thru 72. This car was a big part of my childhood.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "