Jasper Engines

Old 07-05-2013, 06:52 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Jasper Engines

Talking with a buddy of mine this weekend. He has an 88 1500 with a 5.7 that is on the the high side of 350,000 miles. He is debating on rebuilding it himself or purchasing a Jasper engine. I personally never dealt with a Jasper engine. Anyone have any helpful input good or bad? Thanks
Old 07-05-2013, 08:39 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I have been installing Jasper engines for at least 20 years and personally feel like it is the best remanufactured engine out there. I used to build the engines for most of the stuff that came through the shop but now I just build the "special" stuff and sell Jaspers for everything else. The turn around is much quicker and when you factor in the additional labor for rebuild as opposed to installing a long block there isn't much difference in price to the customer. My local machine shop won't give me any more than a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty and the Jasper has a 3 year 100,000 mile parts & labor warranty. The few problems I have had with the Jasper product Jasper has stepped up and taken care of. There are a lot of engine builders out there that will give you a warranty but until you have a problem you don't know how good that warranty is.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

i ran one in my 1989 burban for 8 years and always pulling something behind it... race car... camper...ect .... never missed a beat or had any issues :wink:
Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I have a Jasper engine and transmission in my 2001 Ford Supercrew. I had to put the engine in at 242,000 miles and I have 300,125 on it today, so 58,125 so far. The trans has probably 125,000 or more. Both have been trouble free in my case.

Jasper's warranty is nation wide also. Kinda nice if you are traveling and have problems with their engine. I would have another installed in a heartbeat.

Curtis
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 PM
hold
SHOW GUEST

Default jasper

u,d b lucky is ya got 10,ooo miles outta them,there junk,an with the price they charge u shud get a lifetime warranty
Old 07-05-2013, 03:41 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: jasper

Originally Posted by hold
u,d b lucky is ya got 10,ooo miles outta them,there junk,an with the price they charge u shud get a lifetime warranty
Is this supposed to be a joke?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks guys, sounds like they are nothing to shy away from. Not sure on the price comparison but I will pass the thumbs up on them to my pal and he can run the numbers himself.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:06 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default jasper

Bought a used car with a jasper motor and trans, drove it two years never a hiccup or burp not a single problem. Not sure how many were on the motor when I got the car, because the odometer cable was broke. It ran perfectly. If I was putting a motor or a trans in car that was a daily driver and I was going to keep it,I would use a jasper motor or trans JMO
Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: jasper

Originally Posted by curtisreed
Originally Posted by hold
Is this supposed to be a joke?
Afraid not Curt. This guy is cutting down on people pretty good with negative stuff . After reading his reply on this one I am thinking Kid. I got him pinned on I.P. and watching him with finger on button...he is getting closer. :twisted:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-05-2013, 07:40 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

As for Jasper Tumbs up ! I have a few buddies that are self employed mechanics that have a good track record with Jasper. I would be more concerned with the miles on the truck..other parts will wear and the weak link will raise its head and will continue on until you fix/replace it all. My brother fell victim to this last year..he wouldn't listen .my opinion is that you get to a point of diminishing return.....food for thought

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -