Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Any Illinois Boys heading up to Joliet for the NHRA races?

  1. #1
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,944
    Blog Entries
    1

    Any Illinois Boys heading up to Joliet for the NHRA races?

    I will be up there tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. Have not had a nitro fix since the Gatornationals in March. Hopefully the weather is better than last year, stormed like hell Friday and ripped the awning off my RV!
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  2. #2
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR bixblk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    Posts
    472

    nationals

    Bone
    Possibly saturday, may have to work.
    jeff magnuson708-308-0282

  3. #3
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,944
    Blog Entries
    1
    Jeff I sent you a pm
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  4. #4
    Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    80 miles west of Joliet IL.
    Posts
    112
    Was there Friday night. John Force ran a 4.03. Those Nitro Funny Cars are loud!!!!! and Fast!!!!
    The older I get the more dangerous I am !!!!!

    The only replacement for cubic inches, is rectangular dollar$$$$$$$$$

  5. #5
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,944
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw49
    Was there Friday night. John Force ran a 4.03. Those Nitro Funny Cars are loud!!!!! and Fast!!!!
    Saturday night was even better with a bunch of Funny Cars in the 3.90's!

    Well after almost 6 years and 3000+ post on this forum I finally had the chance to meet a forum brother in person! I have texted, talked on the phone and exchanged gifts with a few on here but never have met anyone in person.

    Jeff (bixblk) had tried looking me up a few years back at the Joliet race but I was away from the DRAW booth when he was there. Well I got to meet Jeff in person on Saturday, I gave him a pass to park at my campsite and he gave me some t-shirts. We sat around in tha afternoon, drank a few, talked about cars and just life in general. It was great to meet you Jeff and I hope we can get together again next year!

    Jeff is on the left, I am on the right and yes, I could use a little sun on my legs :!: :lol:

    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbone
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw49
    Was there Friday night. John Force ran a 4.03. Those Nitro Funny Cars are loud!!!!! and Fast!!!!
    Saturday night was even better with a bunch of Funny Cars in the 3.90's!

    Well after almost 6 years and 3000+ post on this forum I finally had the chance to meet a forum brother in person! I have texted, talked on the phone and exchanged gifts with a few on here but never have met anyone in person.

    Jeff (bixblk) had tried looking me up a few years back at the Joliet race but I was away from the DRAW booth when he was there. Well I got to meet Jeff in person on Saturday, I gave him a pass to park at my campsite and he gave me some t-shirts. We sat around in tha afternoon, drank a few, talked about cars and just life in general. It was great to meet you Jeff and I hope we can get together again next year!

    Jeff is on the left, I am on the right and yes, I could use a little sun on my legs :!: :lol:

    the geriatric crew ...did you's remember your portable oxygen and defibulators... gotta keep that blood pumping...... where are the hoover rounds with side pipes and wheelie bars..... lmao
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

  7. #7
    Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,944
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fast75vega
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbone
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw49
    Was there Friday night. John Force ran a 4.03. Those Nitro Funny Cars are loud!!!!! and Fast!!!!
    Saturday night was even better with a bunch of Funny Cars in the 3.90's!

    Well after almost 6 years and 3000+ post on this forum I finally had the chance to meet a forum brother in person! I have texted, talked on the phone and exchanged gifts with a few on here but never have met anyone in person.

    Jeff (bixblk) had tried looking me up a few years back at the Joliet race but I was away from the DRAW booth when he was there. Well I got to meet Jeff in person on Saturday, I gave him a pass to park at my campsite and he gave me some t-shirts. We sat around in tha afternoon, drank a few, talked about cars and just life in general. It was great to meet you Jeff and I hope we can get together again next year!

    Jeff is on the left, I am on the right and yes, I could use a little sun on my legs :!: :lol:

    the geriatric crew ...did you's remember your portable oxygen and defibulators... gotta keep that blood pumping...... where are the hoover rounds with side pipes and wheelie bars..... lmao
    Funny you mention the hoveround, we saw one go by the campsite sitting on a 20 foot car trailer all by itself being pulled by a truck!. We were laughing pretty hard! :lol:
    Chris

    As close to "Normal" as I can get...

  8. #8
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR bixblk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    Posts
    472

    Joliet 66 and the Bone

    Hey Careful ;)
    We are both young and young at heart. Sure we could use some sun on the legs !
    Also the first time I have met some one from the RJ forum that I have been bench racing with all these years.

    We had a great time chatting and thanks for the hospitality.

    For all you folks that have not been out to Route 66, its a fast track and usually puts down great numbers avery good place to watch the Nationals. Try it sometime.

    Jeff M. (bixblk)

  9. #9
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Emmett, Idaho
    Posts
    7,334
    CONTACT ! Great that you men could hook up and hang out !

    BLINDED by the light !

    I had to google 'Hoveround' .....gotta have flames and custom wheels !
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

    God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy