Old 06-25-2013, 05:59 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Respect......

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...HOW_index.html
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

I quess im not as tough as I used to be. I cant look at pics like these. even thou I don't know them I cry like a baby.i don't know why but the tears just flow.these people give their lives for us and their country, why cant my government take care of their families.hell even the mafia used to take care of its own.bikers still do!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Damn, talk about starting your day out with a good eyeball rinsing. Makes me realize that all the problems in my life are really nothing compared to those soldiers families.
All those pics reminded of a movie I watched a little while back called "Taking Chance". I never knew of the military rituals involved bringing our departed soldiers home. It really opened my eyes and was very humbling. If you get a chance watch the movie.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
I quess im not as tough as I used to be. I cant look at pics like these. even thou I don't know them I cry like a baby.i don't know why but the tears just flow.these people give their lives for us and their country, why cant my government take care of their families.hell even the mafia used to take care of its own.bikers still do!

Our goverment (at many levels) stink at taking care of its own..I know its the best out there but still doesn't require me to like it....I LOVE my country I really DIS-LIKE/Disapointed in our goverment with or without Obama.

My grandfaher served in World War II ( Battle of Buldge) 10th Mountain Division ski-troops. This was a speacial forces Unit...He got badly injured almost his entire unit wiped out....There were many nights I was awaken by his Screams between the pain in his legs and nightmares....They paid him $100 a month and he was lucky if the VA gave him more then a 30 day supply of Motrin in which he had to drive ( or be driven) over 100 miles to the VA clinic in Columbia SC and then wait for hours...only for some forgien speaking doctor hurry him thru when his number came up.....God rest my grandfathers Soul.

Most of the guys on my Platoon was denied insurance after they were told they could keep it at the city's cost after 20yrs service..they let them retire then the City goverment took the insurance from them..many of these guys had shed blood here on our soil and Forgien wars. :evil: :evil: :evil:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-26-2013, 05:11 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

As badly as our 'government'....treats our military wounded or not....I am constantly in awe of those who sign on the line any way......
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

22 a DAY ! ............

http://www.reagancoalition.com/artic...ier-sorry.html
Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

some do it for love of country, some do it for what they think they will get in ways of benefits and some do it because they cant find a job....
Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

For our Gold Star wives and moms. We love your strength and grace.

"It is important to remember that when choosing who among the Spartan Peerage would represent the city at the Hot Gates against the Persian, it was not martial virtue or displays of courage that determined who would go or stay; but the strength of their women, wives and mothers, that even if the ultimate sacrifrice must be paid, would still stand, proud and upright, supportive of their Warrior and his cause."
Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

My father in law needed a "job" when he served in Vietnam 1969. There is no amount of money that could justify his sacrifice back then. He was among the blessed to be able to come home & be alive... but my mom has to wake him up from a reoccurring nightmare he has about Vietnamese children over & over... he says things like "No wait, the kids... there are kids in there still" etc.... we can't ask him... but I know that he regrets something horrible he saw. He has never spoken to us about the war, but he did keep his army boots he wore & showed them to me... he had a silver peace sign/buckle on one of the boots woven into the boot-laces.... wore it every day while there.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I laced in one of my 2 dog tags into my right boot....