sold my dragster now the motor went south

Old 06-22-2013, 09:58 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Default sold my dragster now the motor went south

well crap. traded my dragster for a cool 70 Camaro, but then I sold the Camaro, because it was way to fast for me, now the dragster that I traded for the Camaro, has a bad motor, on the 2nd or 3rd pass, it ate a roller lifter and some bottom end damage, but we had just done a freshen up on it right before I traded it , and ran it a few passes in by buddy's car, but I am going to pay some money to fix it, or pay half for the short block, just so I can sleep at night, me and the buyer of the dragster ( Mark ) still text all the time, and I just hope no bad feelings, Ray
Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Well you are a stand up guy for doing that....but IMO you are not obligated unless you guaranteed it. Things break...as long as it was what it was represented as.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Well you are a stand up guy for doing that....but IMO you are not obligated unless you guaranteed it. Things break...as long as it was what it was represented as. Jmo
Old 06-23-2013, 04:41 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Not necessary , but it shows integrity in your character. Racecars break,,,, fact of life. :P
Old 06-23-2013, 04:49 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

And lifters break ALOT. New or Not. Your call of course your right you have to sleep.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I once had a lifter break after only 20 passes....trashed the block and lost the whole motor. They were brand new.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

I just think its the right thing to do, me and mark text all the time, he is a great guy, and I just hate that it happened, and heck, I can always make more money, but a bad reputation will last a long time, the car I got from him was everything he said it was, and mine was the same. but chit happens, they have a short race time up in ND. so hopefully he car get it running soon,
Old 06-23-2013, 06:31 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

gotta tell ya, you are a truly a man that stands on principles and that I admire!! but ive never heard a can make more money but a bad,etc.....that is so profound!!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I once had a lifter break after only 20 passes....trashed the block and lost the whole motor. They were brand new.
Broke a roller tip off on the 511ci in the 67 camaro in vids. Wiped out cam lobe broke bent push Rod which fell out . The funny thing the engine did not pop or skip. It just went major slug. Still ran a 6.50 but not that seat of pants power it had before.

My cousin broke a lifter on his 800ci FULTON motor last year. Did $5,500 in damage/repair cost and he did not hurt any major parts like crank,block etc..he did have a spot they had to fix on one of the heads.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by outlaw256
gotta tell ya, you are a truly a man that stands on principles and that I admire!! but ive never heard a can make more money but a bad,etc.....that is so profound!!
I learned don't let money get ya mad, its to easy to get. just go to work, and good friends are hard to get. LOL. if ya think about money all day, at the end of the day you are still broke, and and still mad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -