Fontana Dragway reopening?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 AM
JMRacer
SHOW GUEST

Default Fontana Dragway reopening?

Any word on Fontana reopening?
Last, we heard the track bought the property of the person doing all the complaining. All that was needed is to put up the sound wall, are they moving forward with the upgrades or did So. Calif. lose another racetrack?
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Spurger
APPRENTICE

I've not read or heard anything new... From the end of last year nothings been said anywhere that i've seen. Would be nice to find out if anyone does know something???
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Fontana Dragway reopening?

Originally Posted by JMRacer
Any word on Fontana reopening?
Last, we heard the track bought the property of the person doing all the complaining. All that was needed is to put up the sound wall, are they moving forward with the upgrades or did So. Calif. lose another racetrack?
To my understanding it was asked on the defendant side..If sound wall is built and the other land owners near by complain about noise the track must close down again..Cost for wall is to be 1 mill plus..Why build and another land owner wants top dollar for his property too?The owner of Fontana would have to buy half the county to reopen..There is a whole lot more involved here than the original guy who made the first complaint..Many will follow to make a buck via Fontana/Cal speedway.. Irwendale 8th mile is not too bad thats where I TNT..Nice crowd of conrad's and not as expensive as Fontana..