Drag Racing

Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Danecstevens
SHOW GUEST

Default Drag Racing

I am new to this in the form of dragging bikes. I have ran a car a few times at KCIR but that was a few years ago and that was on like an open night were anyone could run. I have raced my hole life on dirt bikes quads mostly all dirt sports. I could really use some help with what all that comes with running a CBR 1100 that pops nitrus in at full throttle. I am doing research but keep coming up with stuff that runs me in different directions. if anyone could help it would be great. I have ran the bike but it was on a old airport runway and didn't use the juice. Really looking to try and get out there and have a blast.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome to the mad house :!: :!: Sorry i can't help you out with your problem i don't run nitrous or ride a bike, But welcome aboard :!: :!:

Mark
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Drag Racing

Originally Posted by Danecstevens
I am new to this in the form of dragging bikes. I have ran a car a few times at KCIR but that was a few years ago and that was on like an open night were anyone could run. I have raced my hole life on dirt bikes quads mostly all dirt sports. I could really use some help with what all that comes with running a CBR 1100 that pops nitrus in at full throttle. I am doing research but keep coming up with stuff that runs me in different directions. if anyone could help it would be great. I have ran the bike but it was on a old airport runway and didn't use the juice. Really looking to try and get out there and have a blast.

Nitrous basics are the same on a bike as car engine. You must have adequate fuel pressure WOT ,timing must be retarded at nitrous activation. everything is just scaled down for the bike engines. I would not fool with WOT throttle switches on the bike..many reasons for this including high speed wobble. One of my buddies that run nitrous on their bikes use a sneaky pete bottle. They use the horn button as Nitrous switch and have purchased a timing retard system that is placed in the electronic ignition and activates when Nitrous button is pressed. If I were you I would pursue the intake jet conversion or if funds are tight look into the Dial a jet option. Both will find you major HP gain naturally aspirated.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Call Compucar Nitrous Systems. They make its for bikes :wink:
Old 04-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like fun! Welcome.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

just slap a big bore kits and some race cams in it... thats all i did and i run 148mph in the 1/4 with my 23 year old Yamaha dinosaur and it has more
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

If I read you correctly, you have limited experience with drag bike racing. In my opinion, I would start with a 500cc on gas and slowly work yourself into the 1100 and then start light on the juice.
Experience is more important on two wheels than four and there is no substitute for seat time.

Dave
Old 04-25-2013, 03:16 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
If I read you correctly, you have limited experience with drag bike racing. In my opinion, I would start with a 500cc on gas and slowly work yourself into the 1100 and then start light on the juice.
Experience is more important on two wheels than four and there is no substitute for seat time.

Dave

Just asking for 'T'rouble spraying before you know HOW to race.......