Watch out for possible SCAMS

Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

Default Watch out for possible SCAMS

:evil: :evil: Just wanted the readers to be on the lookout of cars for sale in Illinois, Texas, and Nevada. They are corvettes, GTO's, and Mustangs posted for sale on the 20th of April. The prices for the pictured cars are too good to be true. :?: :?: You be the judge yourself because these pictures might be of someone else's cars :!: :shock: just to get you to bite on on these ads. Thanks Racing Junk
Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I saw those last night and thought the same. A Boss 429 for that price I don't think you could get the correct drive train for that. Anther flag I saw was just one picture of each car. Cars of that caliber should have lots of pictures. Not saying they are a scam just can not see those cars for sale at that price.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:00 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

You are so right, the Riverside Red Corvette convertible listed, is a split window coupe in the picture. I didn't even go through all the ads, so there might be other states listed too, and different cars. The last time I saw this on RJ, was with an almost new John Deere farm tractor. Just for fun, I called on the tractor and it was located in Canada, but they wanted payment sent to texas via western union. With that, I figured it was a SCAM !!The saying of "TOO good to be true rings out in these ads. thanks for the reply.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

You are so right, the Riverside Red Corvette convertible listed, is a split window coupe in the picture. I didn't even go through all the ads, so there might be other states listed too, and different cars. The last time I saw this on RJ, was with an almost new John Deere farm tractor. Just for fun, I called on the tractor and it was located in Canada, but they wanted payment sent to texas via western union. With that, I figured it was a SCAM !!The saying of "TOO good to be true rings out in these ads. thanks for the reply.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 PM
HR9764
SHOW GUEST

x 2 on those cars after I saw them this is th first place I came, got to be a scam nv,il,nj, all with g-mail look out
Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

This picture dose not look right to me and a low price for this car if it is a real Shelby. ad #181807506
Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Amen. Sounds like same old games.... I tried to look at the Shelby ad & could get it to come up.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

RJ has been flooded with these ads the last 3 days, as fast as they take them down a new batch pops up! :evil:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...