2, TWO, that's 2, Arizona strips close....

Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default 2, TWO, that's 2, Arizona strips close....

http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/19735

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

pushin us all right back into the streets.ive street raced all; my life. ive never been invovled with any idiots that didnt do it safe. and yes there is a safe way. ive never even seen a wreck in40 yrs. ive seen full blown rails run on the streeets in chicago. a funny car in memphis.if things dont change we all will be right back where we started from, the streets.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
pushin us all right back into the streets.ive street raced all; my life. ive never been invovled with any idiots that didnt do it safe. and yes there is a safe way. ive never even seen a wreck in40 yrs. ive seen full blown rails run on the streeets in chicago. a funny car in memphis.if things dont change we all will be right back where we started from, the streets.
yes sir .. then ya got people gettin g shot or stabbed over who won or jumped the start ..... the tree and timing light dont lie
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear about Charlie Allen leaving Firebird, it was mentioned at the Firebird Nationals this year that he was leaving.
I'v known Charlie Allen for over 25 yrs. and he was a good operator, he's always had trouble with the Gila River Indians who owns the property that Firebird sets on. The biggest problem was that they had the rights to the concession stands and the contract to clean up after each major event. they billed Super Chevy $10,000.00 for clean up in 1986 and super Chevy never came back again. I think Charlie had a pretty good lease and a long one and the tribe was trying to squeeze him pretty good and he just said enough is enough. Someone will pick up the lease i'm sure or the tribe will hire someone to run the track.
Like i said i've known Charlie for over 25 yrs. and below is a pic. of him paying me for being track champion with my 1965 Chevelle in 1984/1985, it was only a $1,000.00 but he also gave me $500.00 travel money to go to Baakersfield for the div. 6 bracket nationals to represent Firebird, which i almost won.

Zip.

Damn i looked a lot younger then :lol: PS that's me on the left, the good looking one and that's Jim Hughes in the background between us.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:54 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

thats cool ZIP
UUUHHH WHERES YOUR PANTS ?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

UPDATE on Firebird.....

http://bangshift.com/blog/great-news...g-up-shop.html
Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
Hey YB, i could have written that article, in fact i did in the above post.
I don't know about the other track, which is Phoenix Raceway Park out by Whittman Az. about 45 miles north east of Firebird, I've made hundreds of passes down both tracks befroe i moved to Miss. in the early 90's, but i do know that a lot of that track was on BLM land, in fact i've seen cows wonder onto the track at nite on the big end.

Zip.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fast75vega
Originally Posted by outlaw256
yes sir .. then ya got people gettin g shot or stabbed over who won or jumped the start ..... the tree and timing light dont lie
we have raced for some BIG bucks, BUT IVE YET TO SEE IT HAPPEN. HAVE READ ABOUT IT BUT NEVER SEEN IT.IVE ONLY SEEN ONE FIGHT IN 40 YRS..
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Zip, did you race at Beeline also?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fla1976
Zip, did you race at Beeline also?
No i moved to Phx. in 1975 from Streamwood Il., and didn't go racing again until 1984, however i did go to Beeline a couple time in the late 70's before they shut down. That's where i first seen Shirley Muldowney running a pink funny car for Kaletta. I'll never forget the commerical they were airing for that national event, where Shirly was bending over the engine compartment in pink short shorts, OWEE!!! those were the days.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -