andrewaust
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Possible Scammer help required

G'day All,
Im in Australia
I purchased this 8-71 Blower kit from
koolride41
Ad #181718426 - New complete 8-71 Weiand Supercharger kit
The issue I am having now is getting the guy Rey Rutherford (512) 650-4120 (Email address's [email protected] and [email protected]) in Dallas Texas to ship it to Louisiana as per my instructions.
He had booked it into a transport company Swift Courier Logistics in Fort Worth Texas, I couldnt even see that this company existed when I search for it on the internet and I tried calling the phone numbers provided but was never able to get through. Rey requested that I transferred $560 via Western Union to Swifts head office in Cameroon in Africa, I didn't transfer any money as I now smelt a rat. The blower is still with Rey and he is now requesting that I transfer $330 via Western Union to him as did for the original transaction so that he can ship it to my friend in Louisiana via Fedex. I have now requested the package sizes, weights, pickup address etc so that I can book and pay for the delivery myself and have it delivered.
He has now stopped answering my calls, does anyone know this guy or had dealings with him.
Any help would be appreciated, my friend in Louisiana who's car I purchased off RJ is also doing his best to help.
I'm along way away otherwise I would pick the blower up personally.
Thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 05:04 AM
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

ASKING YOU TO SEND MONEY VIA WESTERN UNION TO CAMEROON, AFRICA IS A SURE SIGN THAT THIS IS A SCAM. I DON'T KNOW OF ANY SHIPING COMPANY IN THE US HAVING A HOME OFFICE IN AFRICA. :cry:
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 PM
andrewaust
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Still no contact

Tried calling a dozen or so times in the past 24 hrs, phone is still turned off.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Have you actually paid him any money yet?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:28 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know where your friend lives in Louisanna, but it wouldn't cost $100.00 to ship a blower from Texas to Louisanna.
Also the the phone number you provided is to a land line in Austin texas not Dallas Texas.
I smell rat here and don;t know how much you have already sent him, but i think you may have been taken for a ride already, and i wouldn't put another nickel in the pot. if your friend live in north east Louisanna i would have him just pick it up, or maybe you could suggest that to the seller and see how many excuses he comes up that it can't be picked up.
Just a guess, but i'll bet he comes up with some.

Another thing that makes this sound like a scam is that the PH # is in Austin and you said the guy was from Dallas, they are 200 miles apart.

Zip.

PS, i live in Louisanna
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM
andrewaust
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default the plot thickens

Thanks Zip and Chris,
I certainly wont be sending any more money, i have already paid $1500 for the blower kit ( price too good to be true). I'll post more info about this scammer tomorrow AM, my time. My freind in louisiana has a Fedex account so we will be providing that acc #so he doesnt require any further funds from me to ship the goods.
We will get this guy one way or another
Old 03-24-2013, 06:57 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

heck. I drive a 18 wheeler and I live in Tulsa okla, I go to the Dallas metro area about 2 times a week. hell I will go pick it up for ya, then I bet the seller will tell ya , the blower is now in Kansas. or ohio,
Old 03-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Looks like his RJ profile is gone and yopu cant pull up the old ad, searched his email address's you show and see the cached ads. There was another phone number on the ad (817) 381-5887, dont know if that will help. I ran it and its says that its a landline in Azle Texas.
I hope you either get your money back or the blower.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 PM
andrewaust
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Glimmer of hope

Spoke with Rey yesterday and he now has a FedEx account number that he can charge the frieght directly too, now no money needs to change hands, I hope that I am slowly getting there??
hopefully in the next day or after easter I'll recieve a Con note #.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

never send money western or as a "gift" on using paypal to pay for items.... to easy to get scammed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -