What Do They Care?

Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default What Do They Care?

Progressives, Liberals and DemocRATS are still moving forward with their plans to ultimately completely disarm "We The People"!

I've heard it said and seen it written by many that they WILL NOT COMPLY WITH ANY WEAPONS BANS! So that alone gives the Progressives, Liberals and Democraps even MORE incentive to screw us over as if a bunch of gun owners are convicted of felonies then they will LOOSE THEIR RIGHT TO VOTE, WHICH WILL SUITE THOSE LEFTISTS MARXISTS JUST FINE!

With the flood of illegals coming in and Conservatives becoming felons the deck will be stacked even more! :twisted:
Old 03-11-2013, 06:31 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Ok, it's probably time to fight fire with fire . . And if the Democrats can do this and get away with it, why not the Republicans?

In my state (Colorado), both the governor's office and the Legislature is currently controlled by a slim Democratic majority. So, in the coming year it is imperative for a large number of Republican and Right Leaning Independents register as Democrats and begin to nominate anybody who would run against the Incumbents in office . . Primary the bastards out!

Then either vote him in or vote for the opposing candidate . .

You can't elect anybody any worse than the batch we have already. That goes in spades for the federal Legislature . .

You get two things.

A new Legislator

A Legislator that will realize that he/she is in a very temporary place.

They don't play by the rules, so why should we?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

So what do we do to get those 4 MILLION that voted for McCain in 2008 to the polls in 2014 to change out some Senators?? They damn sure didn't show up last November and those 4 million were what cost McRomney that election.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:24 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ken0069
So what do we do to get those 4 MILLION that voted for McCain in 2008 to the polls in 2014 to change out some Senators?? They damn sure didn't show up last November and those 4 million were what cost McRomney that election.
Not sure . . But the Republicans need to screw their heads on straight, and get their agendas down to one or two real issues and maintain a focus on them. Last election, everytime the Republicans (Romney) began to target the Economy and make some gains, the Democrats would throw out a squirrel and the Republican Dogs would go chasing it.

That was an issue. Then you have the Moderate Republicans, the Right Wing Republicans, the Fundamentalist Right Wing Republicans, The Libertarians and the Tea Party Republicans, none of who will go out and vote for one of those other kind of Republicans. They live and die with their labels . . They need to get over that. That's kind of what the political pundits refer to as the "Big Tent" . . and Republicans, quite unlike the Democrats, won't all get under the "Big Tent" . .

Romney was too "Moderate" for most of those 4 million voters who stayed at home, and they stayed home or voted for Gary Johnson to protest a "Liberal Republican" . . A bunch of those were Ron Paul Supporters who live by the creedo of "Forget, Hell!" and they have just enough numbers to screw up the vote . . Romney also "Wobbled" on a lot of Issues that were brought up, and that didn't make him any friends either . .

The Democrats know that when their Candidate runs for election he swings to the center to get the moderates and the independents. He'll swing back to the Left once elected. This isn't a guess or wishful thinking. Every two term Democrat who has ever run for office has done it the same way, and you'd think the stupid moderates would figure it out sooner or later. But they don't.

And the Republicans . . They won't buy into that. They're all "What you see is what you'll get" and so if the candidate isn't specifically exact on all the potential voter's personal agendas, they won't support him/her.

The big problem is, you cannot elect a Libertarian or a Far Right Republican. Ronald Reagan is probably one of the most revered Republican Presidents ever, but he was actually a Moderate with common sense and the ability to say what was needed at the time it was needed. He got along with a Democratic Congress, brought the country out of the Jimmy Carter Recession and ended the Cold War. Not bad for a guy the Far Right Hated but voted for anyway . . And today? Those Far Right, the Fundamentalists, and the Tea party all swoon at the mention of Reagan's name, not because he stuck to their agendas but that he was the ideal conservative in their eyes.

The Hell of it is, today, Ronald Reagan would have a hell of a time getting elected on the Republican Ticket!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

IMO one thing the Repubs HAVE to do is keep their mouth shut when asked about their opinions of Womens choice vs Pro life. That was decided in Row vs Wade years ago and every time a Rep. candidate starts running his mouth about Pro Life he looses votes.
No matter what their personal opinion about the subject it's not gonna change the law that was passed so IMO they need to leave it out of their campaign.
Even the mention of it from Romney's camp turned female voters against him. Many saw it and will continue to see it as a first step to loosing more (womens) rights and that simply wasn't going to be the case with Romney, but it cost him a lot of votes.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:33 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Even the mention of it from Romney's camp turned female voters against him.
Then they (those female voters) obviously didn't do any research on McRomney's past then because he was PRO CHOICE as Governor of Mass! And besides that, the President cannot change Roe. I think only the SCOTUS can do that?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

On the Pro-Life/Choice deal, it isn't really a Right/Left, Republican/Democrat question. That, particularily, is an "Individual" issue and it has no business in politics.

The only debate I see in that issue is whether the government should pay for abortion or not . . I say a woman may make her own choice about her pregnancy, but don't ask you or me to pay for it.

And that goes for several other social issues.

The problem isn't necessarily whether they're "Moral" or not, it's the government asking me to pay for someone else's choices and the consequences those choices bring.

Those are the "Rabbits" or as I call them, "Squirrels" that the Liberals throw out at the Republicans and cloud the real issues that we really should pay attention to, and that are bringing this country to it's knees . .

Problem is, the MSM and their Liberal questioners who must make issues of every little thing . . and the Politicians seem to want everyone to know they have an answer for everything. Ask a politician about DOMA (The Defense Of Marriage Act) and they'll normally go off on a rant either for or against the Preverts . .

My answer? "It's in the courts. Whatever they decide we'll either have to live with or legislate around. My Stance? At this time, I don't have one. I would be commenting on something that hasn't been established"

How many of them have you heard say anything like that? As far as I know, not a single one from either side of the aisle. Why? Because they always have a target group of voters they want to impress, and apparently forget that they might be pissing off a majority of their supporters or voters . . It's called "Hoof in Mouth" and the Republicans have an epidemic of it going around . .
Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

On the Pro-Life/Choice deal, it isn't really a Right/Left, Republican/Democrat question. That, particularily, is an "Individual" issue and it has no business in politics.

The only debate I see in that issue is whether the government should pay for abortion or not . . I say a woman may make her own choice about her pregnancy, but don't ask you or me to pay for it.

And that goes for several other social issues.

The problem isn't necessarily whether they're "Moral" or not, it's the government asking me to pay for someone else's choices and the consequences those choices bring.

Those are the "Rabbits" or as I call them, "Squirrels" that the Liberals throw out at the Republicans and cloud the real issues that we really should pay attention to, and that are bringing this country to it's knees . .

Problem is, the MSM and their Liberal questioners who must make issues of every little thing . . and the Politicians seem to want everyone to know they have an answer for everything. Ask a politician about DOMA (The Defense Of Marriage Act) and they'll normally go off on a rant either for or against the Preverts . .

My answer? "It's in the courts. Whatever they decide we'll either have to live with or legislate around. My Stance? At this time, I don't have one. I would be commenting on something that hasn't been established"

How many of them have you heard say anything like that? As far as I know, not a single one from either side of the aisle. Why? Because they always have a target group of voters they want to impress, and apparently forget that they might be pissing off a majority of their supporters or voters . . It's called "Hoof in Mouth" and the Republicans have an epidemic of it going around . .
Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ken0069
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Even the mention of it from Romney's camp turned female voters against him.
Then they (those female voters) obviously didn't do any research on McRomney's past then because he was PRO CHOICE as Governor of Mass! And besides that, the President cannot change Roe. I think only the SCOTUS can do that?
That's the problem. Too many don't do any research on either candidate. If they did we probably wouldn't have what we have.
So many votes are decided by the liberal media. Their is no doubt it has had a lot of influence in the last election.
I still do not understand why more people in the Rep. party didn't get on the news / do interviews and explain Obama care and the cost it is going to cost us in the long run, not to mention what it is very likely to do to healthcare in general.

A big part of the democrats campaign last election was about taxing the rich and corporations. It's pretty obvious the majority doesn't understand that most of those tax increases will just get passed on to us the consumer.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:58 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry for the double post above. Dunno how it happened and dunno how to delete it . . Kind of a dumb ole f--- I guess . .

Anyhoo, on the voters and their knowledge. This is downright scary, but it's estimated that over 50% of the voters on either side of the spectrum, have absolutely no knowledge of the issues either party is trying to advance. They generally vote party line unless there's some really charismatic guy running and getting a lotta face time on the tube . .

This time, Obama was and did, and Romney wasn't and didn't . .

Time before, all that the Republicans had was Boobs and not enough of them . . McCain wouldv'e done a lot better if Palin would've shown some leg . . Heh, heh . .